Friday, January 6, 2023

Friday Favorites - January Edition

HAPPY FRIDAY!! I can't believe we're already to Friday... We've tried hard to reset our January to make things a sustainable pace and rhythm over here, and it feels good that we're through the first full week. 

A fun fact about Pierce for you... He majored in Classical Percussion in college and is an amazing drummer/musician. And a friend in our small group is celebrating the end of her writing 100 songs this year with a little coffee shop show, and Pierce is playing the cajon for her! So Jane and I will be packing up and enjoying some music tonight - cheering on our number one guy :) 

After his show, we're loving the slower pace that this January is bringing to our family and are getting Christmas packed up and our house cleaned to *hopefully* set ourselves up for success next week. 

Today though, I rounded up some of our January favorites. A few had asked more about motherhood, so I'm including a few of Jane's current favorites as well, and I'm sure I'll post more in the future as well. I hope you're finding simple joys in your day too, and I would love to hear some of your Friday Favorites as well! Here's to a great first one in January! 



Aww my first favorite is Pierce gave me a Polaroid for Christmas, so you know we've been loving those sweet moments captured!! It's been too fun to play with!! And was such a sweet and fun gift!! 


There are so many favorites in this picture... Jane, her little jeans, her sweatshirt, her little reach while balancing...toys that she loves...etc 😂 But what she is playing with is the cutest little nativity set and would be so perfect for any babies/kids. 
A friend gifted it to us right before Christmas, and we only set up the Mary, Jospeh, and Jesus for Jane, but the whole kit is so sweet. 
It's called Manger Mission and is such a neat premise and book where the kids get to participate and move the wisemen closer to Jesus throughout the season. We just kept it simple for Jane this year, but even the little wooden pieces are so cute and were some of her favorite toys this Christmas season. ☺️ 


Jane's other favorite currently (along with all of her Christmas goodies from her grandparents😉🥰) is this wooden climbing triangle that my parents gifted her with. I know it'll grow with her, but she has been by its side basically every moment it has been out... A sweet little Etsy shop makes them, and it is so well-crafted and has been such a fun addition to our house! (It also folds up and stores easily, which is a great pro, especially when small group comes over haha) 



This January has already been filled with amazing meals, as we always do a January cleanse that we love. It's our goal to start sharing some of our recipes on here this year, as so many people have been asking... This is a classic salmon, ratatouille and (in January) cauliflower rice side. So amazing! Do you have clean meals that you love to have at the beginning of the year?! We are always on the lookout for new ones if you have any that you love!! And I'll be sure to start sharing ours soon too!! 


Also, so many faves in this picture. The cup, the drink, the homemade potholder by my mom, the cards, the game, time with Pierce at night... This basically sums up our entire week in-between Christmas and New Years, and we loved every minute. We've been drinking Teecino, and I'll have to post more about it when our order comes this next week, but it is so fun. It's basically roasted herbal tea that tastes so amazing and a lot like coffee if you're a coffee lover... I am a tea drinker through and through, but this is one of our new favorite drinks. We are currently loving the Dandelion Mocha Mint....yum!!!! 
(Also, we are loving our new cards too...curtesy of Zazzle and the best little Christmas gifts! I made the Christmas ones for me and tried to make one for Pierce that was a little more "manly" and this was the best Jane and I could come up with...but he loves them nevertheless...I always love this gift!! ...and I love her little fingers on the keys maybe more haha!)


And lastly, just loving my time with Jane this week. With Pierce having almost two weeks off and us spending a week with family, we are getting used to our rhythms again and book reading is quickly making its way to the top. As a teacher, you know I love that hahaha She's started grabbing a book and crawling toward me, and it makes my day. I hope this sweet girl always loves reading, and I hope we always love reading to her ❤️

That about does it for a few of our favorites these days... I probably could have gone to #20 with the amount of things that have become sweet favorites over the break, but these were just a few that came to the top of my mind. And now I'm off to enjoy our Friday and look forward to our music tonight and a restful weekend to come! I'll plan on seeing you back here on Monday!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!! 

Blessings, 
Tabitha 

2 comments:

  1. Jane is just so precious. The playing card gift for Pierce was wonderful. It's something that you can enjoy for years to come and you can look back on fondness at this sweet time of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerry, thank you for this sweet comment. What a good reminder - it will always make us think of this sweet season, that is for sure. :) Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!