Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Past Summer Favorites

It's Wednesday in the middle of July, so in honor of the summer heat and sun and family vacations, I thought it might be fun to remember some of our past summer favorites. I love summer, and I love pictures...and I love remembering the sweetest times by going back through them. So I thought it could be fun to document a few of our favorite snapshots and memories from previous summers...hope you enjoy, and we would love to know what we should add to our summer bucket-list too!! 
Croquet with the Whitacres...this is definitely one of my favorites. We broke out an old favorite one evening and it became an instant hit. Pierce and Dad mowed the grass down to golf-course level, we put up the course, and had the best time playing. I think we maybe played 12 games in 24 hours haha 
Sailing with Pierce. There's a lake in Nashville that had free sailing lessons every Tuesday night. And the summer we were engaged, we went and had the best time. Pierce's dream has always been to sail, and I LOVE being on the water, so it's fun when our two passions collide. Sign me up for every Tuesday night, please!! 
The drive-in...what more can I say...we love this place. We've seen everything from Toy Story and the Incredibles to James Bond and Tom and Jerry here πŸ˜‚ It's a pretty perfect place to spend summer nights! 
This is also a throwback to the summer we were engaged. We took beach towels and rafts to a "beach" on Percy Priest lake and made the most of the afternoon, pretending we were in the Caribbean πŸ˜‚ But we finished the day with ice-cream and a movie and this picture captures that sweet day. I hope I always remember that summer we were engaged. 
That same summer, Pierce and I took a trip to Destin to check out our wedding house and look at a few rentals we still needed to check off our list. We were able to explore the beach and the backyard and took this picture with our iPhone on self-timer...this was my phone background for so long...it just represents such a sweet moment in time for me. And we truly just loved loved loved this place for our wedding!! We hope we get to go back one day! 
One summer Pierce and I picked Audrey up from camp for a day and we got to explore and even head to Asheville, NC for an afternoon! These two are truly some of my favorites to be with. 
We had to stop by "Pal's" where Pierce MBA professors always raved about the incredibly fast and efficient service they always had πŸ˜‚πŸ¦
Dinner in Birmingham with some of our favorites!
Fourth of July...in general...on a lake, eating brunch, watching fireworks, spending it with family...we just love it all!! 

We also love traveling in the summer...I don't have any of these trip documented on here, maybe I'll go back someday just for fun, but here are a few highlights... 
One is Jackson, Wyoming. Pierce's parents bought a house out there, and it has quickly turned into a favorite for us! The view of the mountains is hard to beat! 
The other is DC with Pierce's brother and sister-in-law. We love spending time with them, and this trip was such a fun week to sightsee and enjoy their DC life πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 
We rented biked and pretty much biked all over the city, which was such a fun way to experience it! 
Logan and Jessy really did make us feel like we were on an 8th grade field trip, but so much better because we were with some of our favorite people! 
Another favorite is Pierce's Ranch in Texas. We spent a long weekend down there a summer or two ago, and it was fun getting to work on projects and visit with family all in the Texas heat and sun. 
Visiting the Alamo one day...
Then floating in kayaks down the river the next...it's safe to say we love summer - bring all the travel, fun, sun, and water there is! 
But honestly, even with all of these summer favorites, this may take the cake...I mean, playing cards at this dining room table is hard to beat. I laugh more playing cards with my family than maybe anywhere else... These are memories I think I'll always treasure. And it's one of the places somewhere we very much love to be on summer nights!

These were just a few of our favorite summer snapshots from previous years and trips. I thought it would be a fun little post to look back on and have documented, so I hope you enjoyed a little trip down memory lane! What are your favorite summer memories and what do we need to add to our bucket-list?!

I'll be back tomorrow with another Riddick Home post! Thanks for following along!
Love y'all!
Tab and Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!