Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Favorites - Summer Crafts, Croquet, and Watermelon

Happy Friday!!! Hope everyone has had a great week!! It feels like summer over here for Riddicks, and today I just have a few snapshots and favorites as we've started out the season!! 

Hope you enjoy and hope your summer has been off to a great start too!! 




Summer crafts with Jane... As I was putting our study/playroom back together, I knew I wanted to add a piece of artwork or two. I hopped on pinterest for a minute, grabbed my paints and channeled my inner elementary teacher. 
Painting with a 14-month old is slightly different than with a five year old, but very similar, and it was a sweet afternoon for sure! 


Speaking of sailing into summer, we love playing croquet in the summer up at my parents' house. They have the perfect yard for it, and I think all of us could spend everything evening out there playing. Even Jane was loving running around and hitting a few balls. It just says summer!! 


Watermelon also says summer to me, and I told Pierce that it was one of my summer goals this year - to have watermelon cut and out more. 


I made another running goal this summer too, and these tennis shoes were a favorite birthday gift this past month. I have come to really love Brooks running shoes, and I really have loved their Ghost model too. You can find the latest model here!


Summer salads...
Summer mornings in the word with smoothie bowls...
And summer nights are all tied for my favorite too!!! 

What a fun season, and we are trying to soak it all in this year!! Bring on all of the sunshine this next month, we are ready for you!! Those are just a few of our summer favorites over here. What are you loving these days?! I'd love to know!! Thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up!!

I'll plan on seeing you all back here next week! I hope everyone has a great Friday and a restful, fun and sunny weekend!!

Blessings, 
Tab

6 comments:

  1. Adding watermelon to my grocery list for today- that looks so refreshing and summery!!! We’ve actually already had 2 amazing (and one meh) watermelons so far this year…so good for early in the season! Have a happy weekend! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! We are loving having it around here!! Hope you got a great one!!! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿค—

      Delete
  2. What is in the smoothie bowl? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I've been meaning to do a post on these - this has inspired me to!! We eat them way too often so we change it up sometimes, but we love aรงaรญ, frozen bananas, blueberries, strawberries, dragon fruit, almond milk, spinach and our favorite thing to add is Just Ingredients Vanilla Bean protein powder!! It makes it so delicious!! Hope you make them soon!! ๐Ÿค—

      Delete
  3. Aww! What an adorable painting!
    I bought my first watermelon of the year yesterday. It is such a summery food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Kim!! And yes!! It really is such a summery treat!! ๐Ÿ‰ Hope you enjoyed it and had a great weekend!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!