Tuesday, June 20, 2023

June Goals

Happy Tuesday!!! Also, Happy Middle of June!!! Today seems like the perfect day to share goals that we've been working on this month, right?! Hope you've been working on some of your own and this is just a little mid-month inspiration to keep going!! 
I told Pierce that I think the middle of the month is always the toughest... At the beginning of the month, it feels fresh and new and wide open for possibilities and motivation, and at the end of the month, I am always inspired to try to finish my goals and start brainstorming for the next, but the middle of the month, you just have to make sure you're "on track" and sometimes that can be the most challenging for me. So, maybe it is a good time to check in with goals haha Hope you're doing well with yours!! Here's a look back on May's and what we're up to in June too!!
1. Celebrate our birthdays and finish out our sweet hosting weekends. 

Oh, May. We loved this month. We had our fair share of celebrations, hosting, and finished out the month with traveling to celebrate Memorial Day weekend too. It was all full and fun and we are grateful for the month of May 2023! 

2. Jump back into some of our favorite rhythms. 

With all that was on our calendars, we slowly started easing back into some of our rhythms, but I would say June is when we really started feeling like we were getting back into some of our favorite routines. 

3. Look ahead at our summer. 

I love doing this!! I love looking at a season ahead and kind of mapping out some bigger things we want to pray about or for, accomplish together or individually, and just kind of take a pulse on where we are. This was a fun one for us and one that we're still doing!!

And now onto June....
1. Walk 30 miles. (And 30 "workouts" too!)

One of my favorite things with Jane is going for walks. To me, it's the perfect time to just take a little time out of our day, recharge, get some exercise and sunshine, catch up with friends either on the phone or in person walking with them - it's just such a fun part of our day, and summer feels like the perfect time to be intentional about doing that more. It may not seem like a big goal, but I made it 30 miles for 30 days in June. Even though it doesn't work out to be a mile a day, it's a fun little goal and challenge to work toward. We are a little over half way, so hopefully we'll make it to 30 this month!!

(Also, as a bonus goal, Pierce had made a workout goal for 8 Camp Gladiator workouts that I tagged along with because we love doing those in the morning together... I had also said I wanted to use my 5 Pilates credits this month. And just because I don't really know what was going through my mind at the beginning of the month, I thought it would be fun for our workout goals to equal 30 too, so I added 17 miles running HA! 😂 We are about half way on all of them too, so...we'll see if we can get them all in! It's been fun moving a lot more this month though. We definitely feel most like ourselves when we keep active and exercise, and I tend to do things a whole lot more consistently when I have a goal, so here we are! Hahaha) 

2. No grains or sugars. 

Speaking of feeling like ourselves, after a very full and very fun April and May, we decided we wanted to get back to the basics and really start feeling like ourselves again too with eating. We love doing no grains or sugars in January, so we decided to give it a try in June too. It's already done wonders over here... We still do chocolate chips in our acai bowls mainly because summer just wouldn't feel like summer without those haha And we sometimes make date nights a little fun with some rice in sushi or things like that, but for the most part, this goal has been a really good one for us this month. We've had a lot of fruit and fun and fresh summer foods around, so it's felt really doable. 

Speaking of summer fruits, that is one of my bonus summer goals this season!! I felt like these two June goals were big enough to tackle for the month, but I made two little summer goals that I wanted to do for the season.) 

3. Summer Goals: Have cut watermelon around. (And wear more fun earrings.)

At the beginning of this season, I knew I wanted to make it a goal to have cut watermelon around for us. My sweet roommate and I used to do this in the summer when I had first moved to Nashville and nothing said summer more to me than having watermelon freshly cut and ready for an afternoon snack or a late night treat. I am also reading Welcome Home by Myquillyn Smith (I couldn't love her more for all things home), and I just love thinking about the seasons when it comes to home and rhythms and our day-to-day. So, enter my watermelon "goal." 🍉🥰 

And a second TINY bonus goal, I used to wear fun, bigger earrings ALL the time. I love them, but when I had Jane, I obviously took a pause and have worn my smaller studs for most of the past year. But now that she's walking a bit more and not as interested in my earrings as much, I decided I wanted to try to break out my fun earrings a little more during the summer to make it feel just a little more fun and special this season! 

And there you have it!! What feel like two pretty big goals for the month of June and then two tiny, fun bonus goals for the summer too!! What are you working on this summer?! We have some house projects and little things we want to do that may make their way into our July, but for now, we have been loving our June over here!! Thanks for always sharing your goals - they are so fun to hear and keep me inspired too!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!! And here's to the fun summer months and all that they hold!!!
Blessings, 
Tab

2 comments:

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!