Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Let's Look - Our Biggest Fears

Happy Wednesday!! I thought I'd jump on board to the Let's Look blog link-up today - talking about our biggest fears.
 

Now, when I saw this topic, there are two that came to mind - both are very small and seemingly insignificant but probably some that most people don't know about me... And then one for Pierce that I always think is so surprising for him...

So without further-ado....

My first...

Caterpillars.

Period. I know, a little crazy. I think I got this one from my mom, but these little creatures seriously will give me quite scare if they are found anywhere near, around, or on me... 

Especially the black furry ones that someone once told me would blind you if you blew on them... We just ran into a few of these in Wyoming, and I just scoot a little further away and cringe a little more when I see them even still to this day. 

Now for my second... 

Ketchup. I have a serious strong disdain and maybe borderline phobia of this condiment..... And I can thank my dad for this one... I've come a long way in this area, but seriously at times could find myself not even able to touch a ketchup bottle on the table for fear of getting the little "dribbles" on my hand... My friends in high school would give me the hardest time about this one...and honestly still do. 😂 Add being an elementary teacher to this phobia and you have some very long lunch periods for sure hahaha Let's just say that my teacher next door would always laugh when she heard me saying, "Oh, are you sure you want ketchup with that?" I think some kiddos learned to love chicken nuggets even more without that year hahaha 

We always joke that this is how Pierce knew I truly loved him because one day I put ketchup on his Chick-fil-A sandwich for him while we were on a road-trip... It took just about everything in me hahaha Now, thankfully, most sandwiches he officially goes without. And we do have an all-natural kind that lives in our fridge at times, but I still don't love it... It's just the whole thought of the condiment that is really hard to get on board with for me... 

And for Pierce... A more "normal" fear... 

Of being stranded in the open waters. 
Which, I always tell him is ironic because his family's vacation this year was six days on a catamaran on the Caribbean Sea... 

But he explains that it's more like without a boat or a floatation device or really just being in water where you can't see land anywhere around... I feel like I would probably be afraid of this too, but it's not something I think of often. Pierce is also always the first one in the ocean whenever we go to the beach, so it's always so surprising that this is one of his biggest fears... 

And there you go... Caterpillars, Ketchup, and Open Waters... Who knew we had such a wide spectrum of fears around here hahaha What are yours?! Maybe it'll make me realize I have bigger ones than caterpillars and ketchup hahaha 

Thanks for following along and thanks Shay and Erika for the fun blog link-up!! If you want to read other Let's Looks from this year from our Morning and Evening routines to Best Traveling Tips and Amazon Favorites, you can find them all here

Here's to facing all of our "biggest" fears today! I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!
Also, Happy October 11th to all my Parent Trap loving friends out there today too!! 💕
Lots of love!
Tab

6 comments:

  1. These are so good 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Are you sure you want ketchup with that?” LOL!!! I can hear it now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!