Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Our Favorite Things To Do in the Fall

Happy October 10th!! I thought a few days into this wonderful month would be a fun time to share a few of our favorite things to do in this glorious fall season. 

There are so many things that could make this list, but I picked a few of our top bucket-list items, and I'd love to hear your ideas as well!!! 

Jackson's Orchard
This one is first on the list because I think it's our very favorite. It's somewhere I've been going since I was a little girl, and it's just simply the sweetest place. From the pumpkin patch to the apple orchard and corn maze and everything in-between, this little fall stop is just so sweet and fun!
Last year we even got to take little Jane for the first time!
How tiny is she! We can't wait to head back there soon this fall!!

Decorating for Fall
Goodness, getting in the fall season is just so much fun...
We love to add some yellow mums to our porch and always try to pick some pumpkins for the doorway as well. This year, I found some perfect fall smelling Beeswax candles from my one of my very favorite little Etsy shops, and I can't wait to get them in the mail!

Fall Crafts
This one has been a favorite since I was a teacher, but this year with Jane's little hand and foot in the mix, it's on my list to do some fun fall crafts with her this fall! I made a list of a few of my favorite fall crafts I used to do with my students here and a how to on creating your very own stick horses here

Carving Pumpkins
This one is a fun one and one we're trying to add to our calendar this year for sure!!
 
We love carving pumpkins together when we can make it happen! And I personally love those fresh-roasted pumpkin seeds!! 
Tiny pumpkins just make everything a bit more fun!!

Site-seeing 
We love taking in the fall leaves anywhere and everywhere! Our little Franklin is such a fun place to visit in the fall...
But this year, Pierce and I are packing up in a few weeks to celebrate our 5 year anniversary surrounded by "fall!!"

Football
We LOVE a good football game on Sunday afternoon... And it's no surprise to all who are here these days that we don't have a TV in our house, but every so often in the fall, it's so fun to get this little guy out of the closet upstairs and hook in our laptop to have a porch-filled fall day of sports! 

Watching You've Got Mail
Speaking of this porch, it's also a very favorite fall tradition to watch You've Got Mail. I couldn't think of a more "fall" movie... We bundled up out there one of our first years we were married with some fall trailmix, hot chocolate, and a "fire" on a laptop, and now it's definitely a tradition for the books. 
Sometimes now we bundle up inside by the fire and watch on our laptop, but it's always a night we look forward to! 

Cozy Hot Tea
It wouldn't be fall without some amazing cups of hot tea... 
And Artful Tea has a few of my very favorite Rooibos blends, including this Vanilla and their Herbal Earl Grey...so yummy!! 

Fall Evenings in Kentucky
Fall evenings in Kentucky are just hard to beat... We love being at my parents' place in the fall and soaking up as many fall fires as we can... It's just a little slice of heaven for sure!! 

And there are just a few of our very favorite things to do in the fall. There are so many more, but those are the first ones that came to my mind. What are your favorite things to do in the fall?! I am loving having a one year old this year - we are adding lots of handprints, sensory bins, and fall books to our list for sure! 

Thanks for following along in this journey and on these fun fall days around here!! Here's to soaking up this sweet month of October!!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!
Lots of love, 
Tab

2 comments:

  1. All these photos screeeam fall and I'm loving it! We hit up our outdoor amusement park this weekend for our first fall outing and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Oh an outdoor amusement park!! How fun!!! I bet your sweet girl loved that!! 🥰😍 What a fun way to celebrate fall too!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!