Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Riddick Home in the Fall

Happy Tuesday!! I thought today I'd welcome you into our home in the fall!! I love this sweet season - I love the feel of October, I love living with the windows open and the fireplace on and the sound of the leaves rustling outside. I love to have soups on the stove and amazing candles burning and cozying up with my favorite people. 
When it comes to decorating in the fall, I just like to add little touches throughout our home - to make it feel like a transition season, but not to overwhelm with so much. I try to always keep it to meaningful pieces that I love and that make it feel homey and fall to me. I'll walk you through a few favorites today!

I wish we could cozy up with a cup of hot tea and a candle burning in the kitchen, but I hope you feel just at home looking at some of these pictures and that your home is such a restful place for you in this season as well!  
Welcome to The Riddick Home!!!
This is Jane's little play room and our study. We added this little board and batten wall this past summer and have really loved it! 
I love this little wooden pumpkin trio I picked up a few years ago... 
And I love being able to get out our cozy Autumn blanket and play around with some paint with Jane as well. 
We had to stop mid-morning when we were working on our fall crafts, so this is what we have right now, but there are a few more things to add in the coming days. 
This little pumpkin handprint was able to be given as a gift...
And these little leaves just make me smile!!
Her kitchen got a few pumpkin upgrades...
My mom found this homemade little tea towel at a fall festival in our hometown, and Jane now loves to use it as she "washes her hands" in her little sink.
This little kitchen nook is just an absolute favorite, especially in the fall with the sun streaming in.
And these two candles have been the perfect scents for us this year. I was so excited to find fall beeswax candles from our favorite little candle Etsy shop. The pumpkin spice is warm and welcoming and cozy and the apple pie is perfect for a windows up, cleaning the house kind of day. It is fresh and inviting! 
I truly love them both so much! 
Our little half bath always gets a small hand-towel change and a few real pumpkins from our local market!
We brought in our two Audrey Ficuses for the winter, and this is their temporary home right now. But I love the pops of greenery and our terracotta pumpkin on the piano! 
Cozying up in this living room is just my very favorite though...
I think I could live in this room in every season, but there is something special about it in the fall and winter for sure... 
We've loved lighting this little pumpkin candle for dinners and discipleship groups! 
I loved finding these two gems this year! 
And this little Railey Family Pumpkin Farm truck was a find in a small town in Tennessee, and it just always makes me smile. It makes me feel like fall is here, and I love knowing that in just a few weeks, his little Christmas friend gets to join the fun... 
Even little Janie gets a few little decorations in her room...
Her leaves above her mirror are a favorite though because they take me back to October in my classroom!
This little girl loves them though, and I love her! 
Sheesh....how is she getting so big?! She is my favorite part of fall by far!!! 😍🥰🍁🍂
And there you have it...just a little look at the Riddick Home in the fall! We are so blessed by this little home and can't even put into words how thankful we are for all the memories it holds, in and out of fall!! 

Thanks for following along!! I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!! Here's to the blessing of making a space a home and for all the life that's lived inside those little walls!

Lots of blessings and Happy Fall!!
Tab

4 comments:

  1. I love your little pops of Fall throughout your home. It goes so well with all of the neutrals. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Kerry!!! It's definitely a fun time of year to add some color and fall 🥰 Thanks for reading and for your sweet comment!!!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! And the yellow leaf tree in your front yard just sets the tone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! And yes - it's a great tree for the fall, but of course usually makes our yard and driveway a carpet of leaves! Hahaha 😂🍂🍁

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!