Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Featured Photos #1

Happy Wednesday!! I thought it would be fun to start a new series on here to take a look back on moments and memories that happened before I started my blog. My phone always picks so many random and fun pictures to show up on my Featured Photos, so I thought every so often I could pick a few that pop up and just share a little snapshot and story behind them. ☺️ Hope it's a fun little walk down memory lane with the Riddick Family!!

May 12th, 2017
This is a fun one that is really a walk down memory lane. In 2017, Pierce and I had been dating long distance for about a year. I taught school in Dallas and Pierce was finishing up college at Belmont. My sister and two of my best friends were in town that May to celebrate my birthday. We were all supposed to go out to dinner... (Pierce had just gotten a new job in Nashville and wasn't going to be able to come for my birthday.) When we were just about to leave for dinner, Pierce's mom texted me and asked if we could stop by her house because she had a little gift for me...my sister and friends all knew what was happening and when we pulled up, Pierce came out the front door, and I was truly shocked. He had planned an entire surprise birthday party with friends and grilling out and a night full of card games. So fun!! A night for the books for sure. 
July 22nd, 2018
This is the sweet day that my mom and I found my wedding dress! We had gone to Cincinnati for the day and had been to many different stores. This was our last appointment of the day and right before we went in, it started pouring so hard. We sat in the car for a minute, and I said a quick prayer that we would find the right dress at this last place. The minute we walked in and I told them what we were looking for, she took us right to the dress that became the one I wore on our wedding day. It was such an answer to prayer and such a sweet day to remember!!  
April 21st, 2018
This has always been one of my favorite pictures. About a month before Pierce and I got engaged, we went to Louisville to hang out with my sister for the weekend. My parents were out of town, so the three of us just had the best time. On Saturday night, we decided to make the trek downtown for the famous "Thunder Over Louisville" that kicks off the Derby celebration. It's a huge firework show over the Ohio River and is filled with music and fireworks for usually at least 30 minutes, with an airshow and tons of picnics throughout the day. Someone snapped this picture of us that night and I just love it - sitting between my two favorite people (who often get called siblings) on such a fun night - sunkissed and loving a fun weekend together! 
March 24th, 2020
Does anyone recognize that date? Haha...not a month most people like to remember...but this is where you could find me most days. My team and I created many videos with different lessons for the kids to watch and fun activities for them to do...I became very familiar with youtube during those 10 weeks. A fun memory even through a challenging time! 
February 15th, 2017
This is a fun one! When I lived in Dallas, my best friend from high school made a trip down to Boston to come visit me. One day after school, we hopped in the car and visited one of my favorite places at the time. It feels like I saw this place come to life - the first time I went, there wasn't even grass out front. I personally still love Magnolia Market and Waco, TX and love that Elizabeth and I got to visit that February!! 
November 6th, 2018
And last but not least, a week and a half after our wedding, we were home from our honeymoon and our marriage license came in the mail. There are still balloons up in the house because Pierce had a sweet friend decorate our house before we got home (so sweet and fun!!) and I remember we sent this picture to my family, who had taken it to the courthouse in Destin for us! Such a fun memory!!

And that about does it for a little walk down memory lane with a few Featured Photos on my phone...I hope it was fun getting to see a few moments and snapshots in time. I'll try to do this again soon with some more pictures that pop up!!

Also, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my brother, Lukas!!! AND July 20th is the day we found out we were expecting Jane...a fun date on the calendar for sure!! 

I'll see you back here tomorrow!! 
❤️Tab

6 comments:

  1. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving your stories. I'm sure that I may have missed how he proposed but I would love to read that story. Pierce seems like he is just the most thoughtful guy. I love how he pays so much attention to details and makes every day fun memories for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerry! Thank you so much reading!!! That is a great idea - I've never blogged about our engagement, but I would love to!! Thanks for the idea and suggestion!! And yes...he really is so thoughtful! Loving us so well each and every day!! Thanks so much for following along ☺️

      Delete
  3. You are the cutest! And you guys are such a genuine couple! Yay for Magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jennifer!! ☺️🥰 You're the best!! And yes to all the Magnolia love ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!