Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Our Dog Kashi

Well, I debated about writing a little post about our dog Kashi, but I thought it would be sweet to have this post to look back on later. Our sweet family dog that we got my junior year of high school passed away a few weeks ago. "Home" in Louisville isn't quite the same without her...
I remember my parents picking Kashi up the weekend of my Junior Year Winter Ball, which was January of 2010. We had had one other German Shepherd growing up named Meesha, so it was so fun to have a little puppy again. 
Now, anyone who knows me knows I don't absolutely love love love dogs, but I loved Kashi. I knew she would always be there to greet me when I got home in high-school and throughout breaks on college and even coming to my parents' house after Pierce and I got married. She was so loyal and such a big part of my parents' home and land in Kentucky. 
She loved to play...
And loved picking up sticks... She would also chase the 4-wheeler well into double digit miles per hour. She would go on walks with us and sit on the front porch with us. 
She'd always keep an eye on the house and the front yard... 
And she was never far away when anyone would be outside doing anything...
She was always the first to greet you when you pulled in...
And would lead the way wherever you were walking...
She was such a sweet and pretty dog...
And we are really going to miss her...

Just a few little pictures over the twelve years Kashi was with us... She watched us all grow up and kept my parents company as they entered retirement...she was the sweetest and we'll always remember her loyal and kind demeanor... We miss you already, Kash!

Thanks for taking a small little journey down memory lane with me today...it's hard losing a family dog, and I hope it's sweet to have some of these pictures in one place to look back on one day, and I hope anyone who has lost a family dog has some of the sweetest memories to cherish too!! Thanks for reading along...I'll see you back here tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. How sweet - she's a beautiful pup! I'm sure your parents (+ family) are taking this loss very hard. Glad you have these pictures to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alisha!! I know...pictures are always so sweet! We all gathered some of our favorites the day she passed. Hopefully we can find some puppy pictures of her one day!! iPhones weren't a huge thing back then! Haha :) Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I was NEVER a dog person but if you've even seen one of my blogposts, you can tell that I am now OBSESSED with our pups! The bond is truly so special. Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!