Monday, July 18, 2022

Three Things [7.18.22]

Happy Monday!!! I hope you all had such a great weekend! We had the biggest pleasure of welcoming our first NIECE, Lucy Ruth, into the world and we cannot wait to meet her in just a few weeks! New life is such a miracle and so sweet to celebrate. πŸ₯°
I'm excited for a new, fresh start to this week though! After church yesterday, we had a little "reset," as we call it, to get us set up for success for this week. But today I have a fun series for you called Three Things. I love reading this on other people's blogs and learning little tidbits about their families, so here we go - three things about each of us lately for your Monday! 
First up...Pierce. 

1. Pierce is amazing. He is gaining so much more responsibility at work - leadership roles, teams that he's leading, and a much bigger workload - but he is handling it all SO well. They had a family picnic a few weeks ago, and I LOVED watching all the interns come up with so much respect for Pierce. It was so neat to see him living out his roles so faithfully and with so much joy. I'm so proud of you, Pierce! 

2. He is an amazing cook. His mom got him this fresh pasta maker for his birthday, and we have been loving experimenting with new recipes. His creativity truly comes out when he is cooking, and I always tell him that he cooks with such "finesse," which makes our dinners so much more amazing!

3. He's also loving swimming right now. He swam in high school and loves it as a morning workout. His goal is to swim 8 miles this month, and Jane and I are cheering him on! 
Next...Sweet Jane. 

1. Jane is starting to giggle, and as you can imagine, we are just over the moon. Pierce can make her laugh at the drop of a hat, and I have to try very, very hard πŸ˜‚ I've gotten her a few times though and it's always worth it!

2. She's also taking talking talking. It's seriously the sweetest to hear her little voice and carry on a "conversation" with her. One of my favorite things right now for sure!!

3. She's also rolling over, which is so fun to see. She has become a pro at rolling from her stomach to back, so we can't wait to watch these skills continue to develop! It's just such a fun progression to watch and be so amazed at how fast they grow!!
And me...

1. This pretty much sums up me every day, and I couldn't love it more. Eight year old Tabitha prayed and dreamed about being a mom to a real live baby doll one day, and here we are. It's the sweetest and the biggest blessing and answer to prayer. I am truly grateful each and every day. 

2. I have started tutoring again, and I love it so much. About four and a half years ago, I started praying for a student that I could help in math. And in January 2018, the Lord blessed me with my first student. He was in 5th grade, and I tutored him once a week at the library after school. This eventually led to more students and me starting a small tutoring business, Super Simple Tutoring, and truly loving every minute of helping students understand math. Sometimes when I am working with students, the thought comes to me that it really does feel like I was made to do this. I can't really explain it, but math has always come easily for me, and it is the biggest joy to help others understand it as well. Four years of many many students, multiple grades, Zoom lessons and in-person lessons, and so many sweet texts of math becoming a favorite subject, it's so fun to be back at it! 

3. And really, a big part of my everyday right now is going on walks. It might sound simple, but it has become a sweet time to be outside, listen to worship music, audio books, talk to sweet friends and be with Jane. I made a goal this month to walk 40 miles and we are almost half way there! It's been a fun goal to try to meet this month, and I'm already looking forward to the fall weather and many more walks to come!!

Well... that about does it for three random things about us right now. Hope it was fun getting a little peek into what we're up to right now. Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours. It's such a blessing to be able to share!

See you back here tomorrow!!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! My daily walks are such an important part of my day too :) Sometimes I have to force myself to go (for our dogs' sake) but I always appreciate it when I'm out there. I'm sure it's such a peaceful time for you as a new mama too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yes!!! I always feel the exact same. Those walks make such a difference ☺️ I feel like walking a dog or pushing a stroller always helps too!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!