Thursday, July 28, 2022

This and That

Well, here we are on this Thursday morning, and I just have a random assortment of things and thoughts for you...a little this and a little that ☺️

Early mornings and time in the Word.
I've always heard moms talking about how helpful it was to wake up before their kids - time to read the Bible and get the day started before everyone was on the go and they were taking care of other people. 

Well, Jane's only three months old, but how true that has been the last few weeks. There has always been something about getting up in the quiet of the day, before your phone starts lighting up and kids are out playing in the neighborhood, but it's especially true now...that something is such a blessing to me, Jane and our small family and home. 

I hope I always remember how important these early mornings are. 

Laundry...
My mom is amazing at laundry...she can whip out loads at a time, pristinely folded and whites bleached perfectly. She taught me well, but sometimes I still long to have those loads in and out quickly and efficiently. Since Jane came along, Pierce has been so patient with me as I've figured out and tried different laundry systems. I grabbed these baskets at HomeGoods a few weeks ago and have been loving a fun change and a new little system in our house. 

The kitchen after meals... 
Something that has recently changed my world, which is almost embarrassing to admit and seems extremely simple, is cleaning the kitchen fully after each meal. 

We had a bad habit of putting breakfast dishes in the sink...leaving an iron skillet on the stove...not wiping down counters, etc. But a few weeks ago, I completely cleaned the kitchen after breakfast, and it took me all of 6 minutes. And the next time I entered the room, it was so refreshing not to see dishes or pots and pans out. It made cleaning it after dinner a breeze because it wasn't the full days worth, just one meal...

So, here I am...putting the kitchen back together a few minutes each day, and it's making the world of difference. 

Bed time stories.
Jane is still little, but we have just been eating up her cute little coos and laughs as we've started reading through the Bible with her...We know it's little and she's little, but we pray it becomes a blessing to her and to us. 

Pierce...
Just a little tid-bit to say how thankful I am for him...my goodness. He's the best and the biggest blessing to us. And I loved all the time we got on the front porch swing this past weekend. 

Fridge resets... 
It had been far too long since we had cleaned out our refrigerator, and with just getting back from a trip and leaving again on Saturday, it feels nice to know what we have and what we need to get when we get back (looks like we're good on sparkling water hahaha)

Natural Deodorant.
Well, ever since we visited my brother and his wife in California a few years ago, we were so blown away that they made their own deodorant. Natural ones can be hard to find that work, have the right consistency, smell ok, etc and we were so skeptical of theirs, but now, it's all we use. I'll have to ask my sister-in-law to share the recipe on here soon. It's such a great find!! 

Energy bites. 
And last but not least, a sweet friend brought us these amazing energy bites after we had Jane, and this week I tried to recreate them...I must have done something wrong because mine turned into more of a granola 🀦🏼‍♀️πŸ˜‚ But they are still a fun snack!! 

And that's all the random little things I have for you today... I'll see you back here tomorrow to finish up the week!!

Thanks for following along!! 
❤️Tab

6 comments:

  1. I have just loved reading about your sweet little family. In just a few weeks time it has become the first blog I go to each day. The gratitude and love you show for Pierce is such a great example for others to see. Your light shines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerry, thank you so much!! This comment is so kind and encouraging - it means the world that you love reading!! And thank you!!! ❤️ I hope to always be a light!! Thanks again for reading and for letting me know too - it made my day!!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with Kerry! Love seeing the sweetness of your family each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, thank you so much!!! ❤️ Your encouragement is such a blessing!! Thank you for reading and for letting me know too!! I'm so glad you are following along!! It means the world!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahaha I know! It's my parents' porch, and we truly love it soo much!! A dream for sure!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!