Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Let's Look...How We Stay Healthy

Well, today's post is another fun and different challenge for me... Last year, when I decided to blog every weekday in July, I knew I wanted to challenge myself to do the blog link-ups that I love to follow... I blogged about Bathroom Organization, which let's just say isn't my biggest strength πŸ˜‚ But today it's about how we stay healthy, which is definitely important to both me and Pierce. 
When I was thinking about this post, I tried to boil it down to a few things that we do often, consistently, and really enjoy, mainly just related to food (I know there are so many aspects related to staying healthy). I hope it's fun and refreshing to look through some of these pictures and read about a different part of our lives today. I think we'll try to post some recipes that we love soon too!

Without further ado, here's a look into how the Riddick Family stays healthy! 

1. We do a reset every January. 
We found out early on that after the holidays, our bodies really thank us for a month of pretty clean eating. We just try to cut out mainly grains, sugars, and starchy vegetables. 
Our carts in January are always filled to the brim with lots of fruits and vegetables. I did this on a little more intense level in 2018 and it completely changed my health and body and it's always a great reset to do it again. We try to do it from January 1st to Valentine's Day. 

2. We love to juice. 
Pierce's mom gifted us with a juicer a few Christmas' ago, and ever since then, we have loved it. We don't do it every day and we don't do juice cleanses, we just add it in here and there and it's a fun little treat. Maybe I can share our favorite juice recipes soon!! 

3. We love cooking good food. 
Pierce is amazing. He truly loves being in the kitchen and loves cooking, and his food is always amazing! It's been so fun to watch his passion and talent grow - he is a true renaissance man. 
These are a few of the cookbooks we keep in our kitchen. The bottom one is a true treasure - Pierce's mom put together all of their family recipes growing up together in a cookbook and gave it to us for Christmas - so thoughtful and what a special gift!! The second to the bottom is one of my very best friend's cookbook, The Traveler's Table. She is a world traveler and her stories and recipes are there to prove it! Laura Lea Balanced is a classic in our house - we love her banana but muffins and pecan crusted chicken! Magnolia Table's biscuits are a true favorite. Maman I got as a teacher gift, and it has amazinggg French recipes in it that Pierce has nailed. And our very most used - The Defined Dish. You would never regret having this one in your kitchen. We just truly love almost every single one of her meals!!! 

4. We understand life is a balance, especially with food.
We try not to live in extremes...we know the foods that fuel our bodies the most and the ones that slow it down a little, but we love to enjoy date nights, fun snacks, amazing desserts, and if I had it my way, hundreds of milkshakes. πŸ˜‚ 

5. We grow a garden and try to use fresh ingredients. 
My mom always makes the most amazing salads - usually with most things fresh from the garden! 

6. We love to find healthy and fun restaurants.
This restaurant right here may be our all-time favorite. Pierce found this for a date night last summer, and ever since we have gone, we have been hooked! If you're ever in Nashville, it's a must-try if you like healthy, fresh and local foods! 

7. And finally, we try to just enjoy each day as it comes - go on fun dates, exercise often, laugh a lot, enjoy fun desserts and good food and always try new meals. We try to eat healthy most of the time, but we also love enjoying the simple pleasures of some of our tried and true favorites...documented below πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
☺️ Our just very favorite road-trip stop on the way to Louisville πŸ˜‚

And with that…that pretty much sums up a little peek into how the Riddicks stay healthy…and try to stay balanced in our days. 
This little kitchen also has a big role in all of our cooking and staying healthy. A lot of time and a lot of life and a lot of amazing recipes have taken place here… We love it and love the memories made. 

We also pray that our efforts to stay healthy would always be so that we may spend each and every day glorifying the Lord to our fullest abilities by fueling our bodies with good food. 

And there you have it…thanks for taking a look into how we try to stay healthy and thanks to Shay and Erika for hosting this little blog series! I'd love any peeks inside your home as well! We always love new ideas, recipes, and cookbook recommendations, so I can't wait to hear how you and your families stay healthy as well.

I look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow!!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I’d like to start making juices. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Regine! Juices are so fun! When you try it, two of our favorite recipes are celery, cilantro, apple and ginger and then carrot, beet, and grapefruit! Sounds crazy, but those combinations are a treat! Thanks for reading! ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!