Thursday, October 6, 2022

October Goals

Happy Thursday!! Well, here we are on the 6th of October, and I thought now would be as good of a time as ever to share some of my October Goals... 
Around here, we always joke about me being a "J" on the Meyers Briggs and Pierce a "P"... I love completing tasks and getting things done... Oftentimes, things seem a tiny bit out of place and disheveled if there's a project that I've left hanging undone... Pierce is the opposite, but has come to adapt a bit when it comes to projects, and I have too... (*insert our living room project hereπŸ˜‰*)

But with my recent monthly goals, it seems life won out over my "J-ness"... 

In September... 
I thought that I had chosen simple ones that I would easily be able to get done...but by the time October 1st rolled around, I realized I had only gotten half way done with going through and organizing our closet *thank you to Jane waking up early from a nap the day I was set out to finish πŸ˜‚* 

And then we are JUST now getting our living room back on track (with the most beautiful ceilings, thanks to Pierce!!), so we are planning on making a weekend out of hanging new curtains this weekend... I'll keep you updated... 

But that brings me to October... 
Where I tried to choose simple/manageable goals that I will be able to get done in this fun and special month... In Pierce's company, everyone makes monthly goals that they are working on, and they always choose two to work on, which is usually where I try to end up... But this month, I added a third because it seemed fitting for what I have going on... (And let's be real, does the first one really count?! πŸ˜‚)

1. Soak up as much family time and fall fun as I can.

I put this one on here to remind me it's ok if the other "tasks" don't always get checked off right away... We're in a season that we're loving and trying hard to soak up each day, so if the month of October is filled with a little more family time and a little less organizing our closets, I'll still consider it a win in my book! (And I'll be able to actually check something off, which is more than I can say about September hahaha) 

2. Catch up on all things home...

Pierce would say this is not a "measurable goal" (really, neither of these first ones are hahaha), but I wanted a catch-all for these closets, curtains, and our living room. I'm excited to finish them and to have a fresh start heading into the "holidays." We also have so many fun friends and family coming in town this month, so it's time to put the guest room back together that became where we stored all of our living room stuff while it was taped off... So, here's to hoping November 1st starts off with a more organized feel!! 

3. Finish my DIY Projects.

This one is fun because I love creating and love when simple projects come to be around here... I think I pretty much finished our ceiling fan this past weekend, I still need to put the finishing touches on the concrete pumpkins Pierce helped me make, and the JK Hoedown is around the corner, so I'll be finishing my sewing this week for those sweet stick horses. 

So, there you have it. A random collection and assortment of goals for the month of October. What are you working toward this month?! It's been fun to hear some of your all's and thanks for keeping us accountable over here! Here's to making it a very *productive* month...even if it's just spending more time with our families outside in this sweet season πŸ’›

I'll plan on seeing you guys back here tomorrow!!!
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

(PS - You can find that sweet October calendar here on Etsy...☺️)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!