Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Favorite Fall Bucket List

Happy Tuesday!! Hope everyone is having a great start to their week and the weather is getting a tiny bit cooler wherever you are!! 
Today’s Tidbits About the Riddicks is a fun one for October - our favorite Fall Traditions or Bucketlist Items...
We love a good October day, and we love filling it with as many fun traditions and outings as we can. Of course, these have all been the past four or five years without Jane, so we’ll have to see what stays and which ones we add in the years to come. I’d so love to hear your favorites too, especially with little ones in the mix!

But without further ado, here are some of our Favorite Things to do in the Fall!!

Jackson's Orchard
This one is a special one because my family has been going here for as long as I can remember in the month of October. We would always take a Saturday, pack up the car and head to Bowling Green for the day, stopping along the way at the Alpine Slide and ending up at Jackson’s Orchard. 

This sweet place has the best Apple Butter, caramel apples, and sweet little treats and goodies in the fall. They have a hayride that you ride to pick out your pumpkins or apples and the biggest corn maze, that felt even bigger when I was a kid. 
I took Pierce there the first fall we were married, and we’ve tried to make it a tradition…Last year, we even met my family there one Sunday afternoon, but were met with a sign saying, “We are now closed on Sundays…” Haha! Talk about a change of plans hahaha 
It’s such a special place though. I’m sure everyone has that special fall place where you get your pumpkins and enjoy a little fall, and this is definitely ours. We can’t wait to take Jane soon!!

Cheekwood
This is a fun one if you’re ever in Nashville in the fall. Cheekwood goes all out with their pumpkin house and field full of amazing heirloom pumpkins and all shapes and sizes and colors you can think of. My sweet friend Anne came in town one October, and we spent the day there, picking our pumpkins for our porch and walking through their gardens. 
Such a fun place to visit for sure!! (All year really, but especially the fall!)

Arrington Vineyards
This is another sweet Nashville spot. Arrington Vineyards. It’s a gorgeous place with lots of vineyards and lots of picnic spots and always lots of different food trucks. We went that same October weekend with Anne and loved our night there. 
It’s the perfect place to bring a blanket, a picnic, and for your kids to run around and play too!! And you're also probably bound to witness an engagement or two, especially in fall! ☺️

You've Got Mail
Why does this movie just seem like fall to me?! We love this movie so much. It’s old school, it’s perfect, it’s just seems to encompass all things fall. I even have Pierce on board with this one I think, which is why I was able to convince him one October Saturday to sit out in 40° temperatures on our porch to cozy up with a “fake fire” and watch this with me. 
He told me this year he might even be willing to make it work by hooking up our old tv out there for a night because we both loved that little night so much!! Whether on a laptop, or a projector, around the campfire, or in your living room, it’s the perfect fall movie-night movie I think. 

Carving Pumpkins
What would a fall bucket list be without carving pumpkins?! We have done this many different ways in many different places, but I think our favorite has been up in Kentucky with my sister. 
 
She even got the drill out for her carving #veryseriouscarver hahaha 
I’m sure this will look different with kids one day, but we love it. And there’s something about roasting the seeds to eat along with it that makes it the perfect fall activity. 

Fall Pictures
Somehow, I can usually convince Pierce to take an afternoon and grab some pictures with me for a little Christmas Card I try to put together... I wish our favorite photographer and sweet friend who did our wedding lived in Nashville, but since she's in Dallas, most years I’ve had my sweet sister take our iPhone and snap a few...
And they usually turn out just as sweet to remember the season we were in ❤️

Fall At School
Fall the past three years for me has always been marked by pigtails and stick horses for the Junior Kindergarten Hoedown and so many cute Fall Crafts...

A few others that come to mind are The Farmers Market for so many homegrown veggies this time of year and Trader Joe's for fall snacks 😂 Not to mention simple Fall Drives to look at the leaves changing colors... Decorating for Fall and Dreaming of the "Holidays"... Warm cozy drinks... *insert my love for all things hot tea* hahaha
And football and fires at my sweet parent's home in Kentucky...

And really, there you have it... a small glimpse at life in the fall for the Riddicks... Now that we have Jane, what should we add?! What are your favorite fall traditions for your family?! I'd love to know!! 

Thanks for reading and following along and here's to wishing everyone a very cozy, family-filled fall in October!!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings,
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe those are iphone pictures (say's a photographer! LOL) they are beautiful - can't wait to see them this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha! Thank you!! How I wish I could hire you for our family every fall!!! ☺️😍 I'll keep you updated on this years - a new ballgame with a little one 😂

      Delete
    2. Me too - come to Kansas City ;) You make the trek and pictures are on me ;) lol! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha I love it!!! Just to convince Pierce on making the drive 😉🥰 And haha thank you!! I'll keep you posted!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!