Tuesday, April 25, 2023

"Boy Oh Boy" Baby Shower

Happy Tuesday!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!! April has been a busy month over here for the Riddicks and this past weekend was no exception. We celebrated a sweet friend in our small group who is expecting a little baby boy soon, and it was just such a treat! I thought today I would share a few pictures from the fun morning! 
Setting up our house for this shower was just so much fun. We went from bright, happy, and pastels for Jane's party to lots greenery, blues and whites for this shower. 
I had seen a greenery design on pinterest that sparked my interest, and I wondered if I could set a little something up on the wall when you walked in. After a few trips to Hobby Lobby with Jane and grabbing two sheer curtains that were heading to my donate box, this little Boy Oh Boy accent piece was created. 
I left the white balloon piece from Jane's party above our fireplace - I originally had planned to add some "sprinkle" long balloons for Jane's and then light blue for the shower, but I ended up leaving it white for both, and I loved the simplicity! 
I had also printed out a few of their maternity pictures to place around, and they were so beautiful! 
On the other side of the living room, I had a prayer station set up where the guests could choose a character quality and verse to pray over the sweet baby boy. 
Our amazing family friend who hosted my baby shower last year gave these out to the guests for Baby Riddick, and I still have people tell me specific qualities they're praying over Jane. It's just the sweetest, and I knew I wanted to do the same for this sweet family. There is a verse on the inside and the hope is that you'll set it somewhere that you might see often and say a prayer when you do. Along with ending the shower in prayer for the parents-to-be and the little one to come, there is just no bigger blessing!! 
In our study, we had a little place for the guests to jot down a favorite family tradition and then add their address for the sweet mom-to-be. I had fun designing all of these little signs and goodies - MintyPaperieShop on Etsy was where I got a few of these fonts and design ideas.
And then the kitchen was of course filled with blue, white and so many snacks and goodies. Our good friend hosted the shower with me, and she did such an amazing job on all of this food!! There were also little charcuterie cups and parfaits - just such a fun way to snack and eat while we celebrated! 
Jen, we just had so much fun celebrating you, and we can't wait for Baby Hendren to be here soon!!! 

Just a few little snapshots of our Saturday morning for you today!! Baby showers are just so special - there is something about celebrating new life that just feels like such a gift and a joy!! I'd love to hear about your favorite treats, traditions, and special additions that you love at baby showers! I hope that I'll be a part of many more in the future with our sweet small group and list of couples that we are praying for!! (I would also be delighted to pray for you if you are in a season of longing for a little one - there really is no greater joy than seeing the Lord answer those prayers in so many ways and all in His timing. Please always feel free to send me an email - it would truly be an honor!)

Thanks for following along in our busy April, and I'll plan to be back here tomorrow!!
Lots of blessings! 
Tab

6 comments:

  1. I really love the greenery with the curtains! This is bold of me to say as we are not telling anyone, but we are currently trying for a second baby. I'd love for you to join me in praying for the addition. Without going into a long depth story of our lives lol my husband and I have been through therapy and everything in between on the decision for a second child. Although my girl is already 5, I'm SO blessed to say we are finally trying for a second! I'm so hopeful for the opportunity to be even trying after the journey we have gone through. Anyways, ha! I love seeing baby showers, this looks like it was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, oh my goodness, yes, yes, yes!!! I will absolutely be praying for you guys!! What an amazing testimony and so amazing that y'all are on this journey!! Oh praying for the Lord's timing for this precious little baby and for all that's involved in a big transition like this! I can't wait to hear more! Thank you for sharing!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It's been a true journey over the last few years of us getting on the same page and I'm so so thankful to even be at a point of trying. While also terrified of all the changes and everything!

      Delete
    3. I love this so much. I have been praying for you guys and can't wait to see how the Lord blesses your family!!! I can only imagine how much change it will bring - I'm sure we will have so much to learn from you guys!! So excited to stay updated with you all!! ❤️

      Delete
  2. You are so talented at decorating and hosting these super special events! So fun and memorable! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jennifer, thank you!!! That is so kind and encouraging!!! I love how your home is so welcoming and that you guys love to host too!! Always such a blessing!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!