Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April Goals

How are we already flying through the month of April?! Before we are too far into the month, I thought it'd be fun to share my April Goals with a look back on March too!! 


March was a great month - so full and so good all at the same time. I feel like it really is the entrance into spring and out of winter, and this year, it just seemed to fly by! We're looking forward to this sweet April and all that it holds too! Spring is such a fun and refreshing time of year!!! 
1. Get everything ready for our trip with Pierce's family. 

Awww, this goal was a huge one and one that I felt grateful to have accomplished. It was the first big trip that I've packed for with a little one that I felt like I didn't take our entire home and everything in it hahaha But I felt prepared with what we needed, and it ended up being the perfect prep for us all! I created a list to help with next time, but I'm grateful for all that we learn each time we travel! 

2. Gather my thoughts, dates, budgets, and lists for all of our events in April. 

Oh yes, April is a busy one! I feel like this goal in March really did help me plan well for this month and all that's on our calendar. I'm grateful for that and looking forward to the next few weekends!! 

3. Declutter our linen closet. 

This one I would consider about "half-way" done, which is not my favorite way to leave a goal. But I worked hard to go through just an item or two a day when I had the time, and I feel like I was able to donate many things that we were storing and no longer needed. It is no longer overflowing, which I'm grateful for, but there are a few more things that need to have official "decisions" made for them as I finish up the closet. I'm grateful for so much progress though on a little space that has always been a tad overwhelming to me... 
And now for April... 

1. Clean up our porch for all the spring and summer days. 

Oh how we love our little porch! Throughout the years, it has taken on so many shapes and sizes as different events and seasons have come about, you can read about many of them here. But this year, I know that it will be a place we will love to be with Jane as the spring days are coming, so it's a goal to get it all cleaned up, organized and a place that all three of us love to be. We currently store some of our extra chairs that we pull out for small group, and I have my sweet antique doors from the ranch out there that will need to find a new home for a bit until I can seal all the paint on them. 

2. Clean out and plant our flower beds. 

My dad was in town this past weekend helping us clean out and refresh our backyard a bit, and a big goal of mine is that I would refresh our little flower beds. There are a few that I've done each year and love knowing what I put in each, but there are a few new one this year that I'm looking forward to cleaning out, planting and mulching for the season ahead! I can't wait to keep you updated on this one. 

3. Host our sweet April events. 

This April our calendar is full with so many sweet things. This weekend, we are hosting a sweet little birthday celebration for Jane at our house with friends and family in town. The next weekend, we are celebrating a sweet friend in our small group with a baby shower to welcome her little one coming soon! And at the end of the month, we are so glad that the timing and weekends finally work out for us to dedicate Jane at church with a sweet celebration of His goodness in our life. It's full to the brim, but a goal is that I would plan well and welcome everyone into our home as we celebrate all of these great things. 

And that about does it for the month of April over here... What does your month of April hold?! I always love to hear your goals! I hope the month of March was a great one for you too!! Here's to a very productive start to Spring!!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tab

2 comments:

  1. April is my favoooorite month! It always feels like Spring is really starting! It also holds my mom and I's birthdays. In celebration, we're heading for a girls trip to Treasure Island, FL to spend a long weekend on the beach with my daughter, mom, sister, and niece. The best way to spend a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this!!!! I love April too and love that it holds you and your mom's birthdays!!! Happy early birthday!!! And that trip sounds AMAZING!!! What fun and such a special way to celebrate!!! I can't wait to hear about it!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!