Thursday, April 27, 2023

Frame This Moment.

It's Thursday!!! Aww we love this day of the week and today is extra fun because it's the 27th... We got married on the 27th and it has always just been a special day of the month over here... But today is what I've deemed "Frame This Moment" day of the week, and today's is a bit of a flashback!! 
 
For this Frame This Moment, we’re going back a few years to April 2018. This is truly one of my very favorite pictures. Pierce and I were dating (actually a few weeks away from being engaged much to my surprise!), and we took a trip to Louisville to spend the weekend with my sister while my parents were at the beach. 

That weekend just so happened to be Thunder Over Louisville, which is a huge firework show to kick-off the Derby celebrations. It’s a truly elaborate production that thousands of people come in town for. There is an air show all day and night the fireworks start around 9:00 and usually last about 30 minutes. 

Well the three of us had spent the day soaking in the sunshine at my parents’ pool, and at the last minute decided to make the trek downtown to try to catch the firework show in person instead of watching livestream. 

So we bundled up, packed some blankets, stopped for snacks and prayed for a quick and easy parking spot and place to “camp” out during the show. 

We made it with a little time to spare and someone snapped this picture for us right before the fireworks started. It just truly instantly became a favorite for me. The sun kissed cheeks, being with two of my very favorite people (who often get mistaken for siblings, with me being the one tagging along), the late night and fun memories, hoodies, baseball cap, and blankets. It’s just truly one of my favorite little moments, and I knew it’d be perfect for this frame this moment this week. I can’t believe it was five years ago. One of these days maybe we'll make it to the Derby too! Hahaha

What is your moment this week that just makes you stop and smile for a second? Little joys become really impactful when you stop to appreciate the blessing that they are. So here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!! Thanks for following along and thanks always for sharing your sweet moments too!!

I'll look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!