Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday Favorites - Thanksgiving Edition

Happy FRIDAY!! We are entering one of our favorite weeks of the year, so it only felt right to dedicate this week's Friday Favorites to Thanksgiving. From the Macy's Day Parade and time with family, to the amazing food, afternoons of football, and evenings around the fire, we love all of the traditions that come along with this week in November! Here are just a few of our favorites when it comes to this sweet holiday!



Growing up, I loved this holiday so much and since we've been married, I've loved spending it with Pierce all the more! 
And now we have our sweet little Jane who gets to join in on all the fun traditions of the season...I can't believe how much has changed in just one short year...that little turkey dress of hers will always be a favorite though!


My mom's Thanksgiving meal is absolutely maybe just our number one favorite part of Thanksgiving though. Every dish is truly the very best, and her attention to detail and flavors just really cannot be beat. 
I snapped this one Thanksgiving when she pulled the turkey out of the oven, and I still love it so much. Waking up on Thanksgiving morning with the kitchen and home smelling amazing will always be a memory I treasure. 
And one Thanksgiving a few years ago, I sat at the counter and took notes on every dish as she made it, writing down her recipes on paper, and taking a little picture of each dish as it was placed on the table, so that we could have them for years to come. 
And for Christmas that year, I took those handwritten notes and turned them into a Christmas gift that keeps on giving. Her recipes are truly the very best and such a favorite part of Thanksgiving. 
And my dad's pumpkin pie recipe made the list too and always the best way to end the meal! All just the very best!! 


And since Pierce and I have been married, I've gotten to experience Thanksgiving at his family's ranch in Texas, which has become a favorite too, especially with these two little girl cousins so close in age! 
Last year, Aunt Jessy bought them matching overalls and they were too cute! 
Jane involuntarily put her arm around Lucy while we were taking this picture, and we couldn't get over it hahaha I hope they're always close as they grow up!! 
And we love getting to see all of Pierce's aunts and uncles and cousins who come out for the big meal too! It's always a special afternoon!! 


And as you can see, not much has changed from third-grade Tabitha...Still very thankful for family and my faith, and my baby dolls are now replaced with little Jane, which just makes me smile. 


I just really love that it's just a week to slow down, spend time with family, sit around the fire, share what we're thankful for, watch football, and enjoy amazing food together. 
And this song just couldn't say it all any better... 🥰

So, we are off to go enjoy all of our very favorite Thanksgiving favorites and soak in the moments that keep on growing and changing with the ever-changing seasons. I hope you and your family have the very best Thanksgiving week as well!! I'm taking next week off of blogging, but will plan to be back the week after. Thanks Erika and Andrea for a fun blog link-up today! And thank you for following along in this journey of ours...it's a blessing to me, and I am very thankful for YOU!! 

Happy Thanksgiving!! 
Lots of love!
❤️Tabitha 

2 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving!! Have the best week celebrating with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Alisha!! It was such a great week - I hope you all had such a great Thanksgiving too!!! 💛

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!