Thursday, July 29, 2021

The Riddick Home - Our Kitchen

Happy Thursday and the last July edition of The Riddick Home! Today, welcome to our kitchen!  
So far, we have seen the Living Room, Study, and Our Room...and now we're onto the kitchen. Now, our kitchen is a room that I may have the most projects on the docket... Well, big dreams, I would love to remodel and take down the wall, open it up to the study, and make an island and a dining room...but, small dreams, I would love to have a backsplash and lights under the cabinets, new lightning, and maybe a new countertop...see how my big and small dreams kind of all collide together to a list of long to-dos...haha but, for now, we are are so thankful for this space that has been such a blessing to our home and family. 
It's a simple space, but one that we love the natural light and open windows, especially in the fall and spring. 
When we first moved in, we didn't have a breakfast table, so we used Pierce's Grandmother's table for our little kitchen nook and we loved it...scratches, character and all, it was perfect for what we needed! 
Then about a year ago, we invested in a little bit of a bigger table for space, and I was able to grab it off WayFair with my tutoring money. 
We've loved it, and it can be perfect for four people too if we have company over. 
This is from the nook looking onto the other side...probably the biggest question I have about this kitchen is the missing doors above the refrigerator...maybe one day I'll be able to find or make some to cover the blue space on the inside...but for now, we just say that it adds character! Haha
I found that little teapot shelf at an antique shop with my mom and we bought it and painted it white and now it holds some of our loose leaf teas. We also still adore our cutting board that my uncle made us for our wedding! On the refrigerator, we keep the magnets that we like to get when we visit new places and a few notes that Pierce has written throughout the years... 
The little herb and spice rack was another find that my mom used to have in her kitchen, and we painted it white and I took it to my very first apartment in Texas. It's a sweet little addition in our house now! 
And this little spot is a fun little space with tea and sugar and a paper towel holder we got as a sweet gift from our wedding. 
And really....that about does it for our little kitchen tour...maybe I'll do another post one day on the inside of the cabinets, but I'll spare you today hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Thanks for following along in our little Riddick Home journey... It's far from perfect, but it's a space we love. 

I'll see you back here tomorrow for the last post of the July!!! 
Love y'all!
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!