Monday, August 29, 2022

The Riddick Home...Our Screened-In Porch

Happy Monday!! We had the best, most simple and relaxing weekend, and we were so thankful for it!! I can't believe it is already Monday morning, but we are up and at'em and ready for the full week ahead!! 

As I was thinking about blog posts this week, I realized that I haven't really ever shared our back porch and patio area. It's such a special place to us, and although it's got through so many changes since we've lived here, it's always one of our favorite places to spend a morning, an evening, or a night with friends. 

So I thought I'd share a few pictures and didn't seasons of this sweet little space!!

Hope you enjoy a small outside tour of the Riddick Home!! 
This is still one of my very favorite pictures because I feel like it'll always hold such a special memory. I share a little about this morning in a Featured Photos post here, but one summer some girls and I studied Esther and Ruth together and at the end of the summer, we got to sit out here early one morning and enjoy some tea and reflect on all that we learned and all that the Lord had done...with mismatched chair and an old table painted white...a morning that I still treasure for sure! 
This was the picture of the porch on Zillow before we bought it...
And this is how we had it pretty shortly after we moved in and for many months after that. 
We loved the lights and my old apartment coffee table and one of my doors from Pierce's family ranch. 
And my parents let us have two of our very favorite rocking chairs when we got married...which we still love to have out there in the mornings. 
This sweet little porch has held a thousand memories for us... 
Including a night I made Pierce sit out in the 40 degree temperatures to watch You've Got Mail with me one October evening... 
We didn't have a tv projector or a fire pit like I was imagining...so we worked with what we had and did the next best thing 😉😂 Still one of our favorite memories! 
This little place is also a favorite in the winter... a cozy place to sit when the rest of the world is covered in white!! 
And in the springtime, the Azaleas bloom and are just the prettiest backdrop in the mornings!!  
We streamed church out here in 2020...
And have moved a little table out here for quiet times...
I tutored out here when the world was on Zoom...
And it became Pierce's office for many work days as well...
We had six months anniversaries...
Dinners...
And breakfasts...
And we still do our quiet times out here many mornings...
And now even Jane loves to sit out there with us... 
Well...when I started this post, I didn't mean for it to be such a sentimental post...but now I'm over here thinking about the day when we one day move and already getting my tissue box ready for all the tears that I know I'll shed looking back on these memories...hahaha
All of that to say...we love this little door to the outside world and a little slice of heaven for us...
It's tucked away and nestled in what we often refer to as our rainforest of a backyard...
And we couldn't love it more!!!

And there you have it... Just a little peek into our small screened-in porch and some of the best memories that it's held these past four years!!

If you want to see other parts of the Riddick Home you can find them here: 



Thanks for following along in this small part of our home and for the memory lane that my pictures took us down...I hope you have the best start to your Monday!!

I'll see you back here tomorrow!
Thanks for reading!!
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I could not love this post more! I kept getting more joyful with every single picture. What a perfect space for so many peaceful and sweet memories! I love that the door you use for decor has a special meaning to you guys too. What a calming place! The outdoor October movie looked so seasonally perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jennifer!!! Wish we could have a cup of tea out there 💕 Definitely a sweet place...and yes!! I told Pierce I'm deeming that a tradition now 😉🍂 Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love all of the memories you shared. A little slice of each season that you have shared together. Such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerry thank you for your sweet comment and for reading too!! That place has meant so much to us in so many seasons ❤️ Thanks for your encouragement!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!