Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August Goals

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone had a great weekend and start to the week!! I thought I'd jump on here and post a few of my August goals with a look back on July too... These have become fun posts to keep up with this year, and I have been loving hearing about your goals throughout these months too! 
August is ALWAYS a fun and BUSY month... With most of my years having the start of school on the calendar, this month was always filled to the brim with to-dos, parent conferences, inservice days, meet-the-teacher, lesson planning, classroom prepping... After taking a year off, I always thought August would be a little less busy, and while it looks different and might be *slightly* less full, it still has felt pretty full over here...but in all the best ways, and we are trying to love each and every season that comes our way... 

But let's take a look back on July goals first...
1. Run 31 miles. 

This was a fun one to complete with Pierce. We worked hard on this one, even though it may feel like a pretty straight forward one. We scheduled it in, met at the parks more times than I can count, got up early and ran in the neighborhood before Jane woke up (FaceTiming the monitoring and everything ๐Ÿ˜‰), and really just had fun working toward this goal. We ended up ending with a little over 31, and gave our knees a few days break while we scheduled our 5k for this month! 

2. Post a recipe a week in the month of July.

Oh goodness, I think this one is safe to say I did not complete...hahaha I did manage to post our Aรงaรญ bowl "recipe," but there are many more on my list that hopefully I'll get together soon. Fall makes me (slash us) want to be in the kitchen a whole lot more cooking up all those warm and cozy meals that we love, so maybe that will be the inspiration I need to share! We have also been trying a few new ones, including some sourdough bread too, which has maybe been the best thing we've tasted all month haha! 

3. Summer Goals: Fresh fruit, fun earrings, and lots of family time. 

And these summer goals... they were just fun. Fun to remember, fun to do fun to have on my "list." I loved every one and it made this season a little extra bright and sunny! 

And there we have it... a little look back on July. Here's a few for our August! 
1. Run a 5k as a family.

This was a goal that Pierce and I made back in January when we were looking at some yearly goals we wanted to accomplish. It seemed like a fun one to make that we could include Jane in too. This month, I think it might finally happen, and we're looking forward to it!! 

2. Add a few books to Jane's book collection. 

As a teacher and now a mom, I have been itching to add some new books to Jane's collection for a while, but with the start of school and now fall on the horizon, I decided this month may be the month to make it a goal. We are going to check out a few of our favorite used bookstores in town as well as a few of our favorite online places to grab some books and hopefully our little collection will continue to grow as Jane grows and her love for books and reading *hopefully* continues to grow as well! Also, if you have any favorites for this age or season, we’d love to hear too!! 

3. Finish putting together my prayer journal. 

And lastly, I think I've mentioned this before, but I am so honored to be leading a women's discipleship group this fall through our church, and one of the early lessons is on prayer and providing the women with the tools to make a prayer journal of their own. I've done this in different ways throughout the past several years, but I'm excited to finish creating this journal and maybe even create a post to share on here too incase you're looking for a new way to organize all those prayers that are always in our minds and hearts! 

And there you have it... just a little look into some of our August goals... I have maybe a million more little ones that are in my head, maybe even more "to-dos" than goals, but nevertheless, it's still a fun and busy month over here. But I'd love to hear - what are your August goals this month?! I know it's one filled to the brim for most, as most of these fall months usually are! Thanks for following along in this little journey. 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Lots of blessings, 
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Big book readers over here! Some of our very favorites: The wonderful things you'll be, just ask, who you were made to be, if I could keep you little, the invisible string. Some of those are bigger kid books (paper), but we've read them since she was little. We do one story before bed. Emilia was reciting "who you were made to be" at age 2 word for word and it will forever be a fond memory for me. Cue the tears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Alisha! Thank you!!! I am definitely adding these to our lists!! I love when people have favorites that they recommend ๐Ÿ˜ I LOVE that memory!!! What a sweet one to have!! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’• Thank you for sharing these books!! I'm sure they'll be on our shelves soon!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!