Wednesday, August 30, 2023

What's Up Wednesday [August 2023]

Happy Wednesday!! And end of August!! Yesterday, I documented a few of my favorite things that I wanted to remember about this past summer. It was such a sweet and special one for us... Today, I am jumping on board to the What's Up Wednesday blog link-up mainly about our August. It's been a busy and full month, and here are just a few little snapshots that have filled our month this year!! 


What We've Been Eating:
Ever since we pulled that first loaf of sourdough bread out of the oven, it's honestly been hard to eat a whole lot of anything else hahaha
...see what I mean hahaha 
But we also have been loving my parents' garden-fresh tomatoes and watermelon...
Even little Jane loved that watermelon!! 

What We're Reminiscing About:
My goodness...four years ago almost to the day, Pierce finished his last day at Apple! He worked at the Apple Store when we got married part-time while he was finishing grad school, and cheering him on in that season was such a delight to get to do! He is faithful and such a hard-worker wherever he is and although we miss that discount on the newest iPhone 😉, we are so thankful the Lord has Him where He does now! 
We're also reminiscing on that fact that four years also marked the start of my last three years of teaching littles at the sweetest Christian school that I loved so dearly! The Lord really has done a lot in our career paths over the past five years...I'm sure He'll always continue to take us through seasons of change, so it's always sweet looking back and seeing all we've learned through those seasons!! 

What We're Loving:
We're loving when this home gets used as a space to welcome and love on our family and friends...From my family and dinners around our "new" table... 
To sister-in-laws and cousins in town for the week to visit...
To small group and fellowship on our patio and in the backyard...We love it all!!!

What We've Been Up To:
Four sisters hosted their sweet sister's shower at our house this weekend, and it was so fun seeing all their beautiful decorations, thoughtfulness and sweetness wrapped into a Saturday morning! 

What We're Dreading:

We are not really dreading much over here with cooler weather coming, football on the horizon, lots of time with family on the calendar!! 

What We're Working On:
August inspired of course a little beginning of school craft over here... 🍎
I needed to change out our July 4th bulletin board, so this was a little August-inspired one to get us through till fall 🥰😍

What We're Excited About:
These two cuties are headed to the beach this month again...
...and they've invited their little granddaughter (and the rest of the fam too 😉) to join them for a week. 
We're so looking forward to being back with this little nugget...I can't believe this was almost a year ago!!

What We've Been Watching/Reading:
These three little bookworms have been making their way through some fun books this month. 
But one of my very favorites has been The Lifegiving Home by Sally and Sarah Clarkson. Such a fun book to read alongside a cup of tea and a quieter moment in the morning or evening. 

What We've Been Listening To:

It's about time for our fall playlist over here, and we can't wait!! 

What We've Been Wearing:
Pretty much bracelets, bracelets, and more bracelets 😂 

What We're Doing This Weekend:
We're not sure where we'll be this weekend whether in Nashville or Louisville, but I can almost guarantee you that this is what our nights will hold...hot tea and catching up on our days!! 😍

What We're Looking Forward To Next Month:
We're so looking forward to time in that salty air again!!!
And we may even get a few days in the mountain air at the end of the month too!! All the family and all the travel in this sweet bridge of a month to fall 😍

What We're Thankful For:
As I end a month and a summer season, I really am just so thankful for this home. We've hosted a lot, laughed a lot, read, cried, and played a lot, gathered often, prayed with friends and for each other, watched little Janie learn and grow so much - all within these walls these last few weeks and months, and I'm just extra grateful today for this space and home. 

And there you have it...just a little peek into some of our favorites this August. Hope yours has been full of blessings as well!! We are looking forward to the month of September!! Thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the fun blog link-up!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. I love all of this post! My jaw dropped when I saw your sourdough loaf!! Amazing! Im just starting to experiment with the scoring and I have a ways to go to get it to look as good as yours, so this is inspiring! The Sally Clarkson book has been one of my favorites for years and I just reread it this summer too. But Jane’s sense of fashion with her chunky bracelets has to be my favorite party if this post! Precious! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Alinda, thank you!!! That sourdough encouragement means so much coming from you!! I just followed "Laura Lives the Good Life's" cuts exactly on that one but was so happy it turned out!! I love that you've been making so many loaves too :) And I love that you love The Lifegiving Home!! I'm not surprised at all 🤗 And hahaha that girl is a fashionista these days - those bracelets were all her idea, and as you can tell you, she was very proud 😉🥰 Thanks for your sweet comment!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!