Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Back-to-School Teacher Gifts

Happy Wednesday!! I mentioned yesterday that I was enjoying brainstorming how to love on my teacher friends from afar this school year, and it got me in the spirit of all things teacher and gifts and back-to-school, and thus, this post was born! 
I know some schools don't start for a few weeks, but I know many start soon, and I thought this would be a fun post for anyone looking for a fun idea or two to celebrate their teacher on the first day or two of school!

First I will just say that there are SO many things on EVERYONE's plate, mind, and calendar too this time of year, so if this is something that will add more stress, please don't let it! The first day of school can be so fun for teachers (and students!) for so many reasons and after five years of teaching, I can't tell you which student or family brought a gift the first day and which didn't...it's just not something big to stress about, but I thought this post would be fun if you're looking for something to put together for them these next few weeks! 

Here are some overarching ideas, and I'll share a few pictures along the way (some of gifts I received and some I've marked that I thought were cute and might do in the future!!)


1. Gift Cards. I know this is what so many say when asked about teacher gifts, but even a $5 or $10 gift card that first week of school really can make a difference. Even just stopping for a fun hot tea (or coffee) in the morning using a gift card that first week can have a big impact on a long week. Or feeling like you have a small amount of fun money to a fun store is a great way to start the year too. 
This is one of my personal favorite ways to do it. A student did this for me a few years ago, and I just thought it was so simple, fun, practical and EASY that it stuck with me! I even did this for a few friends last summer!! 

You just ask Starbucks for their mini cups with lids, put a little gift card in there and then fill around it with mints (I love doing the spearmint life savers) and/or Hershey kisses or something small. I write a little note on the top and the side and it's just a fun, tiny little personalized gift that let's them know you're thinking of them, praying for them, and cheering them on in a small way, but it's still simple and can be done in no time! I did this with three month old Jane in the carseat last year haha 
Another gift card just wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a bow! So cute and simple!! 


2. Another idea is a custom decorated cookie or two. My sister did this one year for my birthday, and they were SO cute!! It would be so fun on the first day of school too! 
Hers were amazing and so cute, and I know a lot of bakeries and cookie designers can make a few or a little pack to give to a teacher. 
Another sweet family gave these a few years ago that were so cute too!! 
And there's about a million cute ideas of Pinterest. 
All SO cute!!! 


3. Another idea is just a little mason jar filled with a few goodies!!
Having a few treats on your desk or in your drawers make those first few weeks a little more fun with long first days, parent nights and conferences, planning, copying, laminating, etc. 
Here's an idea for a teacher of youngers πŸ˜‰πŸ­πŸͺ 
I also came across this little tag that is written from a teacher to a student gift (that should be a whole other post πŸ˜‰), but you could easily put a student's name at the bottom and add it to a little baked good or something easy on the first day! And there are so many other cute ideas on Etsy if you're looking for a printed little tag - you know I love supporting people on there whenever I can! (But even just a ribbon with an index card and the teacher's name is perfect - easy and cute and so simple!)


4. A teacher sweatshirt. This one takes a little bit more planning and is a little more expensive, but I still say it is one of my very favorite teacher gifts EVER. 
This apple sweatshirt is just a favorite. Since I've gotten mine, I have bought these a few times, whether for my team as an end of the year gift, a Christmas gift for a teacher friend, or even a thank you gift after I had Jane and was packing up my classroom. You can keep it in mind for a Christmas gift or birthday gift even, but it's definitely a fun teacher treasure! 
One that I still love sporting in the fall!!


5. And lastly, I think a little note from your student is the PERFECT first day of school gift. Truly. I had so many students bring in a little note and (especially being a words of affirmation girl) loved seeing their little thoughts, creativity and words before the school year had even started. (And throughout the year too!)

You can always stick it with a bouquet of flowers if you really wanted to have a gift, but a letter, note or piece of artwork (even from the littles) is just as perfect as any gift you could buy/make! 

And there you have it...I tried to make the list short and sweet and maybe give you a few ideas without it being too overwhelming. You can find a million more and then some on Pinterest if you're looking for more creative ideas too!! 

I also have a list of teacher/friends' gift ideas from Christmas that you can take a look at here. And a few other teaching posts you can see here and here

What ideas do you have for a fun back-to-school gift?! I always love hearing what others do/have done!!! Thanks for following along and here's to wishing EVERYONE a fun start to the back-to-school season!! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!
Lots of blessings!
🍎Tab

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is melting my heart!! I just ordered a little mini cookie set for both the teacher and my girl for the first day. I'm thinking I need to do the personalized card too! We are so excited/anxious!!! Thank you for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is perfect!!! I can't wait to see them - I'm sure they are perfect and love that they are homemade!! Aww of course - happy beginning of kindergarten to you and your sweet girl!! πŸ€—πŸ₯°πŸŽ

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!