Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Life Lately 8.8.23

Happy Tuesday!!! With August starting to be in full swing and our calendar starting to fill up too, I thought today would be fun to just share a little of our life lately. Summer has felt like the best in a lot of ways... A slower pace, enjoying lots of time with little Jane, lots of mornings and evenings outside and at the park, good food, lots of family time and just a season of the year we don't want to come to an end!! 

Here's just a little look at a little of our life lately! 
Pretty much sums up everything we've been up to in one picture...string cheese wrapper and all hahaha but really, these two are definitely the reason this summer has been one of the sweetest...
From hanging with this little one...
And watching her learn and discover and explore...
To date nights and baseball games with Pierce ☺️
You can read a little bit more of this specific night here 😉 
With a slower tutoring schedule in the summer, we've been loving meeting Daddy at the park after work and getting in a few miles running! 
We've seen lots of deer! Have explored a lot of different trails...
And have had our fair share of field sprints and soaking in all this green grass!! 
Speaking of which, we've been working hard to get our backyard a little more full of grass as well! It's coming along for sure!! 
This little nugget is not shy on personality these days and loves playing "dress-up" with my winter things while I clean the bathrooms on Friday mornings... 
Please note her "expired gift card" that is truly one of her very favorite toys currently hahaha
Saturday afternoons have been full of pop corn and a few favorite shows these days... 
We've been loving some fun homemade dinners! 
And the newest addition around here is our very first attempt at a homemade loaf of sourdough! 
It wasn't perfect, but it turned it out way better than we thought... 
And my was it good!!!! I don't know if we'll ever be able to go back to regular bread anytime soon 😂 
Having family in town for the weekend just makes everything a little more fun!! 
We love days and lunches with Aunt Audrey!!!
And this couldn't describe after church on Sunday feelings more 😉😂
Another house update coming your way soon, but we christened a little new dining room table in our mix now too ☺️
And had the best weekend celebrating my mom's birthday! This is my sister's amazing lemon poppy seed dessert - too good!! 
Also starting to be known as Nana around here :)
Jane and I are loving sneaking in a few simple crafts when we can! Especially to give as gifts! 
Jane loves these two, and I do too!!
Mama's little helper on Friday mornings - she took this right out of my hands, and I'm not complaining! I love her little helper spirit for sure!! 
And of course some days, her little helper spirit looks like taking out every party decoration that I own while I'm around the corner 😉 all part of the season! 
Lots of love to give out these days!! 
And a new carseat in our mix!!
This little one! I can't believe she's getting so big!!
She loves hanging out with her snack on the porch while we have one sometimes too when Daddy gets home!
And someone help me because this looks all too real and why does it feel like it'll be here before we know it hahahah 
But until then, we are soaking up her little head on our shoulder and her tired eyes at the end of very full days. 
Thankful for this little fam and all the life and fun and crazy and good and hard that this little season holds...goodness, we are thankful! 
I'm off to enjoy this Tuesday morning...full of all of life's daily things but mixed in with snapshots of this season and thanking the Lord for our many blessings!!

Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!! I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!!

Lots of blessings!!!
XO,
Tab

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet summer your little family has had! I’ve been trying my hand at sourdough too!! What kind of flour are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that!! We have been using Berlin Bakery's Spelt flour. It's our favorite bakery, and we love that their Spelt is an ancient grain and a little easier to digest. It's the flour that we always order and have on hand, so we used it for this first loaf and it turned out well!! We haven't tried mixing the flours at all or using bread flour though. Have you found any that you love or that work well? I'm always curious 🤗 Happy Sourdough Making!!!

      Delete
    2. I’ve been curious about spelt flour! I began my starter with freshly milled wheat but the sourdough book I’m using suggested feeding it with unbleached AP flour. For now I’m using part AP and part whole wheat and it’s thriving. But I’m gradually weaning my starter off the AP so it’ll soon be all whole wheat. For my baking I’m using my wheat flour from my mill. Isn’t this fun! 🍞🥖🥯🤗

      Delete
    3. Ok, I love this!! I loved your post about your mill and have always been curious about that!! It's something we may have to try soon over soon. I'm so glad your starter is thriving! It's the best feeling - and yes! It really is so fun and taking that fresh bread out of the oven is truly the best feeling too!! Love learning with and from you!!! 🤗🥰🥖

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!