Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Let's Look - Bad Habits

Good morning!! Happy Wednesday!! Today I thought I'd jump in on this month's blog link-up for Let's Look about Bad Habits... This one made me laugh, and Pierce and I have tried to come up with a few that came to mind first... 


I tried to keep a little running list of when we would do something and pretty quickly afterward say, "That is a bad habit." Hahaha So, this is not a comprehensive list, but here are a few of ours!!
1. Leaving my ID in Pierce's wallet when I don't take my purse. 

Ok, this one seems random, and it's probably just us, but I cannot even count the number of times that I have given Pierce my ID to throw in his wallet when we're traveling, walking, at a game, out to dinner, heading somewhere where I might be driving, etc. and won't have my purse or wallet. We use Apple Pay for most things, so I often go without my wallet, and every time I hand it to him, we always say, "We can't forget to put that back right after." And then inevitably...however long later, I look in my wallet for my ID and it's not there... Whenever I end up getting it back, it is truly almost always followed by, "That is such a bad habit!" Hahaha 
Especially when you're out with this nugget in the middle of winter trying to make returns that you don't have the receipt for and you realize the ID they are asking for is currently in someone else's wallet hahaha 

We've started setting a reminder on our phones, but...I'm not sure if this is one that will be broken anytime soon 🤦🏼‍♀️😂
2. To keep up with the store (and returns) theme here, another time we always comment on something being a bad habit is when we walk out of a store and I hear the receipt being A, crumpled, and B, thrown away in the trash can in the front of the store. Hahaha

I have quite the relationship with returns... I don't love doing them, but I also just feel terrible when there's something sitting around that I know we shouldn't have bought/won't use/could return... and I always tell Pierce that *technically* I am "making us money" when I return something, in which he responds that's not how it works hahaha but nevertheless, I like to keep the receipt especially if it's a big purchase, items that may not work, fit, etc or a store that I know I can't get the purchase online or in their app. But I mean 9/10 that receipt is crumpled and in the trash before we even walk out if Pierce is with me hahaha I have found that most stores can look up your card these days for your purchase, but still...to be prepared with that receipt helps me feel better going in to make my return haha 
3. Rounding out a bad habit on my side of things here...I have a terrible habit of reaching over and "helping" Pierce in moments of "fright" on the road.... 🤦🏼‍♀️😂  

From just a little honk that usually he is already doing to the most drastic situations of putting my hand on the wheel while Pierce usually also has it covered... To which he will almost always say, "That is a bad habit..." And we will also quote a family comedian from back in the day that jokes he doesn't know how he could drive without his little helper... 😂 I'm working on this current bad habit, but I will say that my quick responses I would like to think have saved us a time or two on the road over here hahaha

Goodness, I'm sure there are plenty more. I have a bad habit of taking way too many pictures of the same thing and not going back to delete them on my phone... 😬 Or of letting my tea steep too long in the morning, even after setting a timer... We also used to overfill our waters ALL the time in this house because we would use the filter on the sink, and just leave our cup on the counter as it filled it up, and we'd have water EVERYWHERE all the time... Luckily, that a bad habit that I can say is pretty much broken now mainly because we use a filtered water pitcher in the fridge now... 
I love this guy though, all of our "bad habits" and all! I'll keep thinking of some over here, but those are the few that come to mind first!! What am I missing?! What are some of yours?! Can't wait to read! And thanks Erika and Shay for the fun blog link-up!!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!! Here's to a great Wednesday and breaking all those bad habits in your world today! 😂 
Lots of blessings! 
❤️Tab

6 comments:

  1. Ditto with the ID in my husband’s wallet. This has been a fail for so long…haha. You are definitely not alone here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ok I am SO glad to hear that it happens to someone else too! That honestly makes me feel a little better 😂 Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. Tabitha, I am just like you as far as keeping receipts! When Greg and I first got together, he could ever understand why I kept (and filed, by month) receipts. He has now learned to ask me if I want the receipt and doesn’t give me that “why” look anymore. Lol. Another one of my rules that goes with saving receipts is don’t take the tags off of anything until you know you’re keeping it! My bad habit is having an item with tags on and the receipt, then letting it sit in the house or in my car until it’s too late to return it. Ugh! My intentions were good. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evelyn, I love this so much. And totally get missing that "return window..." 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 Hahaha you are so organized though with your receipts - I am so impressed!! Mine are just in a cabinet in our kitchen for all of the items I "might return" in the next few weeks haha! And yes to keeping the tags on until you know...Pierce loves the day that a decision is finally made over here hahaha! Thanks for sharing! Miss you guys!!!

      Delete
  3. I am guilty of leaving my id in Brian's wallet too. The one time the day after I had to pick my son up from school and you have to show a valid id. i have to play 20 questions to verify it was me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, that sounds like the worst timing!! I know the feeling! And I'm so glad to know it's not just me either!! Haha thanks for sharing!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!