Tuesday, May 14, 2024

A Weekend of Celebrations

Happy Tuesday!!! We had a fun, full weekend over here celebrating so many milestones, and I thought today I would share a few snapshots from this sweet weekend!! 
From Pierce's 30th birthday to celebrating and praying for Baby Riddick #2, Mother's Day and my birthday too, it was a big weekend, but one we're so thankful for!! 
The celebration started early on Thursday with Pierce's fun birthday!! The flowers had been a gift from a friend, but we loved picking out Pierce a card and wrapping a few small gifts for him. 
He took the morning off, so we headed out bright and early for a birthday breakfast at our favorite local bagel shop! Jane might have been the most excited out of us all! Hahaha
We love this place, and you can't beat a free birthday bagel!! 
We had a baby appointment and then we were home to make his carrot cake before nap! Jane was a huge helper and at this point knows the end result is always sweet, so she made sure to try EVERY step along the way 😂 
It's always a special day when there's carrot cake and cream cheese icing in our home! I got this carrot cake recipe from my sister, and it is absolutely the very best!!! 
Pierce is so fun and EASY to celebrate!!! We loved this day! 
That night, Jane played with a family friend for the night, and Pierce and I got to use a gift-card to enjoy one of the best steak dinners we've ever had. We loved our night here!!! I wish I had taken a picture of our dinner out, but it was such a sweet way to end a fun birthday!! 
Saturday morning, we were all up and at'em early because Pierce had a meeting at church and Jane and I were headed to a sweet small shower to celebrate Baby #2! I thought it was so sweet when Jane crossed her little feet when I asked if she wanted to take a picture with me. She LOVED getting to wear a dress and be one of the "girls" that morning. 
Had to sneak in a little 36 week picture before we left too!
The morning was just perfect and so sweet. I had said we didn't need any gifts, but they surprised us with an attachment to turn our stroller into a double stroller, which we were just so grateful for!!!
So many from church came to simply spend some time in prayer over this little one, and it really was such a sweet and special morning! I'm so thankful for all who were able to make it and to so many more that couldn't. We are so thankful for such an amazing community in this season!! 
And a special thanks to Abby for hosting double the showers for these Riddick babies!! We are SO grateful!! You can see a little bit more from Jane's shower here. It truly felt full-circle to have Jane there for this one!! 
It definitely felt more real and made me so excited to meet this little one soon!!!
The next morning, Pierce and Jane let me sleep a little longer, and Pierce got out the paints with Jane, which is always my favorite!! Double the celebration and double the sweetness all day!! 
I love these little hands and will ALWAYS treasure these sweet keepsakes!! 
After some pancakes and fun, we headed out for church that morning, and I loved getting to snap a picture with these two before we left!! 
We got to have such a sweet Mother's Day/Birthday lunch out after church and were just soaking up the most beautiful day!!! 
Jane's learning how to "take picture" on my phone...so this is one of the 99 that were in my camera roll 😂 
I loved lunch out with these two though, and I was so thankful to get to celebrate such a sweet day, knowing soon there'll be four of us on days like this!!! 
It was a weekend for the books for sure, but we are so thankful to the Lord for his many, many blessings and just felt so thankful to get to celebrate a few big things amidst enjoying all of the little things this season holds! Thankful for these two, for the little one on the way, for birthdays reminding us of another year's worth of blessings and for snapshots to remember such sweet and special days. 

Thanks as always for following along!! And thanks for all of your support, encouragement and celebration too! Your comments, messages and kind words always mean the world!!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!! 
Sending lots of love this Tuesday!
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Looks like the BEST weekend of celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisha! It was definitely a sweet weekend to remember!!! ☺️ Hope yours was just as sweet celebrating Mother's Day with your two littles!!! 🥰🌷💕

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!