Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Fourth of July Weekend πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Happy 4th of July!! I'm not sure when I started loving this holiday so much...I think I just love that it's in the middle of summer, it's such a sweet time with family and it's a great reminder of so many of our blessings. This year we spent July 4th in Louisville with my family and had such a sweet weekend. 

Pierce and I packed up on Friday after he got off work and headed to Kentucky for the weekend! We love when we can find some time to spend at my family's house - it's always so sweet and special. 
This particular weekend, we brought a surprise with us haha πŸ˜‚πŸ¦© πŸ’¦  
Pierce and Dad helped blow it up....and it was the star of the show in the pool a few moments later πŸ˜‚ 
We loved playing with this thing all afternoon 🦩 
Pierce, Audge, and I ran some errands later that evening. I love hanging out with these two...everyone always think they're siblings and I'm the odd-man out, and I'll always take it...they're my favorite "siblings" to be around haha 
For dessert that night, Audge and I made our famous Strawberry Shortcake. πŸ“πŸ° This is SO simple to whip up...she whips up the whip-cream and I cut the strawberries, add a little sugar, and put them in the refrigerator for a bit, and then we use Berlin Bakery's Angel Food Cake for the base. It's one of our favorite summer go-to's and especially for 4th of July! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ“πŸ« 
Dad and Audge ☺️ 
Mom's perfect patriotic bowl haha πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 
The next day, we played more in the pool and just soaked in the sunshine and all the red, white, blue, (and pink) we could haha πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 🦩 
We listened to country music, ate snacks and watermelon by the pool, and just enjoyed being with family.
It wouldn't be a summer evening at The Whitacres without a family croquet match ⛳️  It's an old classic that we still love to play! πŸ˜‚ 
We roasted hotdogs over the fire and had an all-American dinner that day 🌭
Then we got cleaned up a bit and were ready to go to Linda and Norman's neighborhood firework show. Linda is a dear friend of my mom's who used to own an amazing little piano shop where she taught lessons. We always love getting to see them and were excited to finally see Norman's annual 4th of July firework show that he puts on every year!
All the red, white and blue! The original Whitacre girls ❤️ 
Me and my sweet momma πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 
The whole fam ❤️ 
I love evenings out with Pierce. 
Ready for the firework show with my favorite people πŸ’₯πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†
Popsicles before the show 🍨 Linda always passes them out to everyone who comes to watch...I'm not kidding when I say she is the sweetest. 
Love anytime we get to hang out for a night ❤️
We walked over to Linda and Norman's garden and got to see his famous Hot Pepper Patch in person. 🌢 πŸ«‘ We LOVE Norman's homemade hot sauce, made with only peppers from his garden, so it was so fun to see them growing for the season! 
Camped out ready to enjoy the show! 
The firework show was amazing. They were so big, it lasted so long, and it was just such a sweet night with all of their neighbors and friends gathered to watch πŸ’₯πŸŽ‡πŸŽ† We were very impressed!!! 
And of course...we finished the night with Audrey's homemade apple pie. 🍏 πŸ₯§ Maybe I'll have to have her share her recipe on here one day...it is truly the best apple pie, and we tell her all the time we think she could win first place in the Kentucky State Fair!πŸ… 

We just had such a fun day, and I am so thankful for holiday weekends by the pool, in the sunshine, and just spending time with some of the people I love most. 

We hope you had such a blessed 4th of July as well!!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ❤️ πŸ’™ 

We'll post more soon!
Love y'all!
Tab and Pierce

2 comments:

  1. What a day! Wowza, I lived it and had forgotten how much we did! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It really was a packed weekend! ☺️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!