Thursday, July 1, 2021

Our MEXICO Getaway ❤️☀️🌴 [Part One]

Happy July! We are loving summer over here...it's just such a fun season. I made a goal to blog every weekday in the month of July...so, here it goes. Not sure if I will make it every day, but I thought it would be fun to try to blog some of our memories for us to have to look back on. So, I'll be here most mornings if you want to follow along! First, I thought it would be fun to start with a little post about our Mexico getaway. ❤️

Goodness...our trip to Mexico was such a dream in a lot of ways. We had always dreamed of going to Europe this summer...we wanted a big travel extravaganza before we started praying about starting a family with little ones... But, the Lord had different plans in store for us. So, we packed our sandals and swimsuits and beach bags instead of our walking shoes and maps and backpacks, but we still brought our camera and were together with time off work, which made it just as sweet, and we were just as thankful. 
We had never been to Cancún and had never done an all-inclusive before... For our honeymoon, Pierce found the sweetest cottage on the island of St. Kitts, and we loved every minute of our week there. We knew this experience would be different, but we were looking forward to experiencing what people always rave about in all-inclusive resorts. 
So we got up before the sun and my sweet sister drove us to the airport, and we were off! Nashville to Cancun is a direct 2 1/2 hour flight, so it made it simple to get down to Mexico!
When we got there and found our transportation, we made our way to Sun Palace where we were staying. After we checked in and our room was being prepared, my caffeine headache was in full swing. I hadn't had any tea that morning, and I was feeling it. So we made our way to our newest favorite spot for the week - Sweet & Coffee. 
We made the most of this little place and loved everything we had and everyone who was working. After asking for something they had literally never heard of, they worked with me and made their first London Fog, which became a household name by the end of the trip 😂 I seriously would walk up and they would say, "London Fog?" Which made me laugh, especially the night they asked me at 10:30pm haha I told them I would pass until the morning hahaha
The tea was amazing though and helped my headache subside while we waited for our room for a few minutes. 
When we made it to our room, we were so grateful for such a great little space. We LOVED the room SO much. The bed was so comfortable (which everyone who knows me knows that it's been a goal of mine since I was about 12 years old to find/create the most comfortable bed 😂). It definitely surpassed our expectations and the room was so cozy, while also having the best view of the beach! 
If we didn't love the sun and the beach as much as we do, we could have seriously been content just being in this room the entire week haha! 
We were eager to get down to the beach for the rest of the afternoon though so we changed and were headed down to explore a bit before sunset. 
After we enjoyed a snack on the beach, we took it easy for the night and decided to order Room Service for the first time in our lives hahaha Let's just say...we didn't order any more Caesar salads for the week haha, but Pierce did love the, "Yes, Mr. Riddick, we will send it right up!"
The next morning was the start of what became a highlight for us on the trip. We'd wake up, open the curtains to the beautiful beach and sun and turn on worship music on our little speaker. Pierce would go down and get our coffee and "London Fog," and I'd clean up the room a bit (somehow, it made things feel more put together to start the day haha) and we'd sit down and journal, read, and spend time just getting our day started. We may be the biggest fans of slow mornings and getting to have them while overlooking the beach was just the best. 
Even though we weren't in France, we had our fair share of crepes from our Sweet & Coffee. 
We were down on the beach shortly after, with our beach bags, books and our favorite cabana that we found. Pierce would probably like me to point out that he had forgotten his sunglasses, so he was wearing a spare of mine that we had found in my bag haha 
We felt like we were heaven. 
I mean, besides Sweet & Coffee and our room, this. was our all-time favorite spot. We stayed here literally all day. I think we were the last ones on the beach almost every night haha 
His blue eyes trying to hang in the sun haha 
I had grabbed my first Elin Hilderbrand book from the library before we left. I think I'll make a post soon about some of my book reviews that I've been reading, but I liked this one for the most part! It had a very Parent Trap vibe, which, if you know me, you know I love haha 
We really just loved this little spot in the world...Pierce and I both were just so content to sit here and read and hop in the waves every now and then when we got too hot. 
After a day on the beach, we opted for a quick braid and headband and polo and headed off to dinner before the sunset. Our first full day in Cancún was definitely one for the books and one that we loved starting off our week with! 

We'll post our next parts of our trip soon! We can't wait to share all the blessings of getting out of town for a week. 

Thanks for following along on our journey and this trip! 
We love y'all!
Tab and Pierce

2 comments:

  1. Such a great trip! And yes to the blessing of getting out of town for a week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!