Monday, July 5, 2021

Our MEXICO Getaway ❤️☀️🌴 [Part Two]

Happy Monday! We have been loving the 4th of July weekend over here. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ I thought I would hop back on here this morning though with part two of our Mexico trip! Honestly, I'm not sure how in one week I had enough pictures to make multiple posts, but somehow I did haha so, here is part 2! These days in the middle, we pretty much spent every minute on the beach, but I wanted to remember the sweetness of all the days, so here are a few beach pics! 
This is one of our favorite pics from the trip! We walked down to this sign one night and had to get a quick picture with it. 
On days 2, 3, 4, and 5...this is pretty much where you could find us. Pierce's ankle was still healing, but it was the perfect trip to just sit and read and enjoy the pretty weather we had that week! I think I snapped so many pictures because I didn't want to forget the fun of just being together for the week. It was our first week off we had had together since our honeymoon besides Christmas, so we just soaked up every minute.
Pierce and his blue eyes were really missing his sunglasses...and there were always sellers who would walk up and and down the beach. We met one who sold Pierce some glasses and they were fun and we loved the reflective look for the week. 
'
A beach trip isn't a beach trip to Pierce without getting in the ocean, so let me tell you, we got in the ocean and we played and swam and enjoyed the water...for a long time! The water was just SO clear you could see forever. There were also some of the biggest waves that we had seen, so we rode them, jumped over them, swam under them, and I lost most of the battles with them as they drugged me under and exfoliated my skin pretty well haha I only wished we could have had a GoPro with us. But we enjoyed those carefree afternoons in the ocean so much. 
That night, we decided to take a walk on the beach at sunset instead of showering up for dinner. That evening walk became another fun tradition that I think we did every night until we left. The weather was just perfect in the evenings. 
These walks are some of my favorite memories, and I'm so thankful Pierce's ankle was able to hold up on the beach! 
Another day...another day in the ocean. 
Our Sweet & Coffee had macaroons and let me tell you....we had our fair share. πŸ˜‚  The vanilla bean with white chocolate was my favorite...Pierce loved the coffee and pistachio. Macaroons by the Seashore...not sure if it gets better. 
Take me back to this place any day....
Pierce was pretty sunburned after those few days, but I still love this picture. Sunkissed and no make-up...I'll take it any day.  
That night, we knew we wanted to do another walk, but with Pierce's sunburn, we went a little later and had him wear an old Chi-O long sleeve I had. 
Loving the salt-water hair look here πŸ˜‚ 
We had someone snap this picture that became one of our very favorite from the whole trip. ❤️  The colors, the water, the sky...reminds me of all the reasons I always wanted to get married on the beach. 
When we finally made it to the CancΓΊn sign...probably a little less than a mile from where we were staying, I made my way to the top where Pierce was... 
...and then someone offered to take our picture. The lady said, "Ok, that cloud is just showing off!" haha it's another fun one that we love! 
That night, we knew we wanted to take some time to pray about and for our family. So, we wrote out what was on our hearts, and we took the night just to simply give everything to the Lord. It was truly one of the sweetest parts of our getaway. I hope we always will remember the time we spent in prayer that night and go back to the note often. ❤️ 

We have a few more days left of our trip, and I'll post about them soon! 

Thanks for following along on our journey and on our trip. And thank you for the prayers for our family as well. We are so grateful and feel so blessed to have such a great community around us. 

Love y'all!
Tab and Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!