Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What's Up Wednesday [7.28.21]

Happy Wednesday!!! As we are getting close to the end of July and as my goal to blog every week day during the month comes closer to finishing, I thought it would be fun to link up with one of the last parties for the month - What's Up Wednesday. Hope you enjoy these random and fun thoughts for the day!

What We've Been Eating:
A lot of watermelon....
A new arugula, tomato, and parmesan salad....
Our favorite homemade biscuits...
A little bit of puppy chow....
Our favorite chicken, peppers, and Mexican rice dish....
Easy homemade strawberry shortcake (in my 4th of July post)....
And a few of our favorite little afternoon goodies...

What I'm Reminiscing About: 
Oh, how we loved our week on the beach! 
If we could go back to this salty air and beach weather, we would in a heartbeat! 
We loved our Cancun trip this summer!

What We Are Loving:
We have really been loving our new study downstairs. This was a summer project this year, and we have been loving mornings in here, work afternoons, and even afternoon naps as well. It's a space that has always been a tricky one and is now a favorite for sure! 

What We've Been Up To:
Pierce and I packed up this week and are spending a few last summer days in Louisville soaking in some time with my family....

What We're Dreading:
I don't dread too many things......but, I will say I am not looking forward to having my alarm go off every morning for school...summer, stay a little longer!! 

What We're Excited About: 
We are headed back up to Jackson, Wyoming this weekend for one last summer trip with Pierce's parents. 
They have a little place up there, and we love getting to visit and enjoy the mountain air! 

What We've been Watching/Reading:
I just did my Summer Book Reads post, where I shared a lot of what I've been reading recently. I really have loved this summer of books. I'm currently on Denise Hunter's Bluebell Inn series, and I've loved it so far!
Pierce is reading more science fiction and action-filled thrillers.....
...but we are both watching The Olympics, which we love!! And we recently started an old season of Food Network Star, which is a fun old favorite for sure!!! 
 
What I've Been Wearing:
These little Amazon shorts were my go-to 4th of July shorts, and it was a fun change for the summer! I also loved these Target sandals and I found this little top on the sale rack at Old Navy. 
I put these in one of my Friday Favorites a few weeks ago, but I have been loving these sweatshirts from Old Navy! They were perfect for nights on the beach and cozy nights inside, and I've even worn them for neighborhood walks when the sun is going down, watching a movie, etc. I've loved them both!! They are almost terry-cloth like material and perfect for summer! I found a link online and there are a few other colors...so, I may have to grab another πŸ˜‚ I also have been lovvving my green J-Crew headband. I picked it up on sale one day and I have been wearing it most days since! 
And lastly, I loved this new little strapless black dress from Nordstrom Rack. I picked this up before our Cancun trip, and loved wearing it to dinner a few nights! 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month: 
This little classroom is going to be opened up again! As much as I love love love summer, I have a job in something that I consider a gift. I wrote a post about my last school year and the blessing that it was, and next month I get to start my fifth year of teaching with eight new little faces in this room...thankful for the blessing that it is! 
Tutoring also picks way up in August and the fall, so I'm looking forward to starting off my students with a great school year in math! Again, just something that I truly consider a gift from the Lord that I get to do something that I love! 

What We're Thankful For: 
This list is just too long to even list everything...but we've been thankful for this summer and this season. I've been thankful for this blog - it has been such a fun and special part of this month and summer. We are beyond thankful for our families and the time we've gotten with them this summer. We're thankful for our church and community and good books and sunny days. Summer is just a blessed time where we get to slow down and truly remember all that we're thankful for and give the Lord glory for all that he has given. Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours - I've been thankful for YOU this summer too as you've been an encouragement to me!! 

And that about wraps it up for What's Up Wednesday today...hope you enjoyed this little random montage of all sorts of things in the Riddick household these days...and thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the link up party! I'll see you guys back here tomorrow! Thanks again for following along!

Love y'all!
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!