Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday Favorites 7.2.21

Well, in my attempt to blog throughout the month of July, I thought it would be fun to join in some of the fun posts that I love to look at it. I look forward to Friday Favorites on a few of my favorite blogs, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't know if I'll post every Friday, but here are some favorites from this week. 


My first favorite is working from home. Pierce's job is still working from home this summer, and let me tell you, it's somewhat of a dream. I tell people and I really do mean it when I say Pierce truly works from 9:00-5:00. He sits down and is very focused and as much as I *beg* him to be distracted and play and have fun, he really is in work mode haha that being said though....
He does take some breaks and on this particular day, we went to a coffee shop and I worked on my blog and Pierce worked on his work. It was just so fun, and I snapped a picture so that I could remember these sweet days in this season.


I've already mentioned this study, but it really is one of my favorites these days. I could go on forever about how I love Warren Wiersbe and how he makes the Word so easily understandable to me. I told Pierce yesterday that I have loved studying the same book we are memorizing. I think it has helped it stick even more. This is probably my 9th or 10th BE study by him, and I have loved every one I've done - I highly recommend!! 


Another favorite I have been lovvving are these two sweatshirts from Old Navy. I used some of my gift cards on a few trip purchases, and these were perfect for nights on the beach and cozy nights inside, and I've even worn them for neighborhood walks when the sun is going down, watching a movie, etc. I've loved them both!! They are almost terry-cloth like material and perfect for summer! I found a link online and there are a few other colors...so, I may have to grab another πŸ˜‚ 


Now...my next favorite is something that's been my favorite for while, but I found something this week that I was SO excited about. Last fall, I redid some of my app icons using the Shortcut feature on iPhone. I added Widgetsmith pictures throughout for fun, which is right up my alley and I've loved them...but this week I discovered...
You can add multiple Widgetsmiths to the same icon and...
...you can scroll through the pictures on your phone and change them out. 
Haha! This might not even be a new feature...but I loved it so much! So I added some of our trip pictures and just find so much joy in scrolling through that little icon haha Sooner or later, my whole camera roll might be in there hahaha πŸ˜‚ 


This one sounds crazy...but we've been loving hockey these past few weeks and we've started looking forward to the games at night. We've always cheered on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but watching the Tampa Bay Lightning make it to the Stanley Cup has been fun to do this NFL off season! We won Game 2 and are looking forward to cheering on Tampa Bay during Game 3! ⚡️ πŸ’ 


Along with those hockey games, we have been loving these homemade milkshakes as we watch πŸ˜‚ We found an all-natural vanilla that quickly became a favorite, and let me tell you, hopefully these are a fad in our house because they are too good to keep having every game...haha 🍦πŸ₯€ 


This next favorite is such a special one. Pierce has a small business, Riddick Productions, where he gets to do what he does best and help musicians make their music come to life. He does everything from producing to engineering, mixing and everything in-between. It is an honor to watch him use his gifts and talents in this way. And TODAY is the release of our friend Ben's new song, Mountains. I can testify to how much Pierce has worked on this song since they recorded it and am so proud of him and Ben for this fun single! Ben's album comes out in a few weeks, but this song is one of my favorites for sure!! Congratulations Ben and Pierce for such a great song and for such a well-earned release! 


And last but not least....my current book. Next to my neighbor's sweet bouquet of flowers she grew and brought over, which was so sweet! πŸ’ But if you know me, you know how much I love Karen Kingsbury. I could probably write a whole post on the 87945 books I've read of hers...especially the Baxters... But, when I saw that this book came out in April, I hesitated reading it because of the topic. It was about trafficking, and as sad as it may sound, I wasn't sure if I was ready to read such a heavy topic...but, the other night, I broke down and knew I had to give it a shot. I LOVE how Karen writes, she takes hard topics, sweet topics, joyful and tearful journeys and writes them in a way that ALWAYS points back to the Lord, so I knew this one would be no different. I started two nights ago and have since stayed up way too late both nights to keep reading...I'll do a post later on some books, but I'm half way through this one and already recommend it!! A favorite right now for sure. 


That about does it for our Friday favorites...we're spending the holiday weekend in Louisville with my family! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ  I can't wait for sunshine, time by the pool, nights with family, and, as always, really good food! Pierce has Monday off work for the holiday weekend, but I'll try to be back here with maybe a second part of our trip! 

Thanks for following along in this little journey! And send us any current favorites of yours too as we are always looking for new fun blessings! 

Post again soon!
Love y'all!
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!