Monday, July 26, 2021

A Day in the Life [7.23.21]

Happy Monday!! I hope you guys had a great weekend!! Pierce and I successfully filled almost every hour with at least some Olympic sport - it's just too fun not to watch! 

But I thought I'd kick off today with a Day in the Life post. I've been wanting to do one of these all summer, and I realized Friday might be the last opportunity for one this summer since we will be with family this week. So I tried to snap some pictures throughout the day to give you all a little insight into our day. We didn't have much on the schedule, but we took the day as it came...hope you enjoy this Day in the Life!
Since it was a Friday, we were up and at 'em early for CG that morning. We've been doing Camp Gladiator now since before we were married and love it so much. We love our 5:30am crew and try to make it on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. 
Especially in the summer, I try to make our bed before we leave so that I'm not temped to get back in it when we get home πŸ˜‚ 
We were out the door by 5:15 and done with our workout at 6:30. On Fridays, there's a little group who stays after for coffee and to catch up on life, so we stayed for a bit since I didn't have school to rush off to!
I snapped a picture of the sunrise as we were leaving the mall. We work out on the top floor of the parking garage, so it's always fun in the summer to be able to watch the sunrise as we're there in the morning! 
But I forgot to mention...that morning around 5:17am.....we were met with a dead battery by Pierce's truck...so we moved all of our mats and weights over my Volvo and drove that one for the morning, not knowing exactly what was wrong with Pierce's truck. So, when we got home, Pierce tried to jump it, and it was completely dead....whomp whomp... So, to continue our car issues that morning....my registration was out of date, so we knew we needed to get that fixed ASAP, especially if we were going to have to take my car for our road-trip the next week. 
So, Pierce made his coffee and we hopped in the car to drive to the Courthouse downtown...not your typical 7:30am errand, but we thought we might be able to make it right when it opened...
A successful trip and an up-to-date registration and we were on our way home for our "typical" summer routine... 
I forgot we had ordered a few yogurts and frozen things that we can't get anywhere else from WholeFoods the day before, so that was delivered when we got back! (We are also on a Topo Chico fad and our Kroger is usually out of it.)
We showered and ate breakfast and Pierce read before he started work...I took my time and ended up sitting in our cozy study with him....we are really just soaking up these last days of a teacher summer and a work-from-home life...we love it! 
Not too long later....AAA was at our house...Again, not our typical summer day, but this is what happened today...haha They took a look at Pierce's battery and were able to replace it for us, which was a blessing!
Pierce whipped up a little Mexican rice and chicken dish for lunch, which I stole a few bites of! Haha
Then, I kind of fell off the bandwagon of taking pictures...Pierce has summer hours in the summer, so he gets off work at 2. He had his last meeting and read a little while I took a little nap. We did a few things around the house, took a walk, visited with the neighbors and then we started on dinner.
Pierce grilled steaks that night, which was perfect for a summer Friday night! 
We steamed asparagus and had a little arugula salad on the side as well. Again, not our dinner every night, but it was just what we needed for one of our last summer Friday nights at home! 
Then we cozied up on our couch and cheered on Team USA in the Opening Ceremonies. For those who have asked, we don't have a TV in our house. Someone challenged us to go the first year of marriage without a TV and we just really loved it so much that we just never added one to our home. But we watch sports and an occasional show or movie on our laptop if we need, and it's perfect for what we need! 
We just love the Olympics...arguably the best time of the year!!! (We also loved the little Pictogram Video that they put together of all 50 sports...if you haven't seen it, it's worth your five minutes to watch. So creative and fun!)
Then, we finished up the night with a little tea and reading in bed, our favorite combo. I stole Pierce's kindle for the current book I'm reading, so he used his phone for the night... And that just about does it for July 23rd in the Riddick household. 

Honestly, not too exciting, but a sweet season to document nevertheless. Thanks for following along and reading and I'll be back tomorrow with my summer reads for you! 

Love y'all!!
Tab

2 comments:

  1. I am going to miss naps during the day once school starts back! They aren't a frequent thing, but it's a nice option to have haha! Love following along on your day in the life!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel the exact same way!! And thanks, Sarah! Hope you enjoy these last few days of summer - we definitely are over here!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!