Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday Favorites 7.23.21

   
Happy Friday!!! I hope you guys have had a great week! Ours was full of friends and community and lots of checking things off the summer to-do list before school starts back up. I thought I'd continue with Friday Favorites today and share a few of the things we are loving! Hope you enjoy and happy Opening Ceremonies tonight!! That is where you'll find us all weekend...we love the Olympics over here!! See you back here on Monday! Happy weekend! 


My first favorite is my newest book...oh my goodness. Everyone who knows me probably knows I love a good Hallmark movie... And now I've come across a book version, but with a Christian author. She has written lots of books and this is the first one that I happened to come across this summer. Three of her books have become Hallmark movies (hello to the perfect author for me! Haha), but I really have enjoyed reading this sweet story. This will definitely be on my summer reads post coming next week!! 


Speaking of reading...this is pretty much where we were all of Saturday night and Sunday afternoon haha Pierce had a good book on his Kindle and I had just found my new one, so we just enjoyed a few quiet moments of summer. We know our afternoons like this won't last forever, so we're soaking them up while we can!! 


This next favorite was our Strawberry Shortcake dessert Saturday night after dinner. I talked about this in my 4th of July post, but this really is such an easy dessert and it really is one of our favorites!! 


Speaking of dessert....this watermelon was just as sweet!! We had friends over on Friday who brought watermelon and then had to buy some more for another grill-out on Monday. We just can't get enough of this sweet summer fruit!! πŸ‰  


Another favorite this week has been our simple arugula salad..we were craving some greens when we were in Mexico early this summer, and one of the restaurants had an arugula salad on the menu. I ordered it as soon as I sat down and it was about 7 pieces of arugula, some shredded parmesan and cherry tomatoes and just about the best thing I had ever eaten. So when we got back, we've been making our own with a few more pieces of arugula and a cut-up tomato from our garden - can't get much better! πŸ… 


On Tuesday, I posted about my love of hot tea, and have so enjoyed hearing about your favorites this week too! Pierce whipped this up one afternoon and I had forgotten about this summer one! We love this Blueberry Hibiscus tea, specially over ice. We just steep it in pitcher (the stronger the better because the ice will dilute it a bit), add a little honey, and then let it cool and pour it over ice. The best summer delight! 

That about wraps it up for our Friday Favorites this week. Thanks for following along this week, and I hope you all have such a wonderful weekend!!! 

See you back here on Monday! 
Love y'all!
Tab and Pierce

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I need to expand my tea drinking because that sounds so good! And I love all things Hallmark, so books like Hallmark movies sound right up my alley! Have a great weekend watching the Olympics--we are too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will love that tea! It's a good one to add to your collection! And I've loved Denise Hunter - I grabbed her Bluebell Inn series next and am really enjoying them. Hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the Olympics - we sure did!! ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!