Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Favorites - Date Nights, Desserts and Vanilla Candles

Happy Friday!!! I can't believe it's the last Friday of February!! Where has this month gone?! We are so glad to see the weekend over here though! We're looking forward to lots of family time and planning out a few house projects that we have our eye on!

Today I just have a few simple favorites from our week for you. I hope you're finding small joys that are blessing your life in big and small ways as well! Here are just a few of ours!! 



Oh, date nights with Pierce. They are absolutely my favorite!!
We tried out a new sushi place and loved it! (Also, fun fact...I usually get vegetarian rolls at any sushi place we go...avocado being my favorite...is it even considered sushi?! Hahaha I blame my pregnancy with Jane for this new found love!)


Ok, I'm a broken record I know with these peanut butter cups, but I just have to say, we splurged and ordered the actual silicone baking cups, and WOW! They made them perfectly, and I wish we could just keep an endless supply in our freezer hahaha Such a fun addition if you're looking for a fun dessert! 
Also, speaking of snacks, these are way too expensive to even mention, but my goodness they are our current fave!! If you're looking for a splurge, these are definitely worth it!! (Maybe it's because we're not eating real Oreos currently though?! Hahaha)


This is a favorite this week just because it makes me laugh... We have been hosting small group at our house every other week for over three years now... The sweet group has ebbed and flowed with so many fun and familiar faces, but recently, we are going on about 20 or so consistently each time, and Pierce and I are realizing that we don't know HOW to cook for 20 people hahaha We usually do taco salad, skillet chicken nachos, chili, or something like that... But this week, we tried Fajita Bowls and were determined to have enough food, so we got out the biggest pot we owned and cooked more rice than we ever have before... LOL I still laugh looking at this picture. But the fajita bowls were a hit, and everybody had plenty of rice 😂 Do you have fresh and clean meals that are easy to feed lots of people?! We'd love any suggestions!! 


We love candles over here, but recently I've been on the lookout for a good beeswax candle with less chemicals, fragrances, etc. Vanilla is just my tried and true scent, but it's a harder one to find. I came across this little Etsy shop though and decided to try their "Vanilla Brown Sugar" Beeswax candle, and it's been a favorite in our house this week! 
I ordered the small size just to try, but I love that it's 100% beeswax and a cotton wick! Definitely a sweet little shop if you're looking for anything similar! And if you have great natural candle recommendations, I'd love them too!! 


I mentioned this in What's Up Wednesday this week, but Pierce and I have been loving this show recently. Honestly, we usually aren't that great at watching shows. It's hard for us to get into them, to feel like we can find something that's wholesome enough to watch, and to simply just find the time to invest and keep up with each episode. But we started with the first season of Next Level Chef, and we've both been really enjoying it! We like shows with real people and we both love food and cooking, so this covers most of the bases for us. A fun recommendation if you're looking for a new show!


And this little girl will always be a favorite. She is just growing, and it's the biggest joy to watch! 

That's just a little random assortment for you on some favorites around here. It's always so fun to read and see what your favorites are as well!! Thanks Erika and Andrea for a fun blog link-up! 

I hope you and your families have such a wonderful weekend! Jane and I are off to clean up for the weekend and finish a few little projects around here! I'll plan to see you back here on Monday! And also a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet sister-in-law, Jessy!!! We love you and hope it's the sweetest celebrating this weekend!! 

Blessings, 
Tabitha 

2 comments:

  1. Can you please tell me the name of the sushi place? We do takeout from Suki in Brentwood about once a week (we’re vegan so we only do the veggie rolls) but always looking for another option.
    Also, for your small group- what about big baked potatoes and different things to stuff in them?
    And lastly, thank you for this wholesome, uplifting blog. I love your sweet posts. They make my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hi Laura! Yes!! We tried out "I Love Sushi" over off West End! They had great veggie roll options that were fun and different! I think I tried a crunchy zucchini that was great. And we love Suki also!! So fun that you live in Nashville!!

      And the baked potato option for small group is a great one!!! Thank you for that suggestion!!! And for your sweet encouragement too!! So glad you love reading! Thanks for following along :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!