Tuesday, February 7, 2023

February Goals

Happy Tuesday!!! I figured February 7th would be as good of a time as ever to post some February Goals on here. I love this post each month - it's fun to reflect on the last month, think about this month, and it always makes my day to hear your goals that you're working on too!! 
February is such a fun month to me, but one that I feel like oftentimes gets a little pushed to the side after the freshness of January and before the excitement of spring. But this year in particular, we are trying to make February a continuation of all the good that January brought. And I think it's simply just such a fun and sweet month too. 

But before this month's goals, here's a look back at January... 
1. No grains or sugars. 

This one is one we love every year and this year was no exception. It's always such a good start to the year and reset for us. I always joke that the Riddicks thrive most in January and summer because I think that's when we are most on our "A-game" so to speak haha We did add in a little chocolate this year on date nights, but it made the month so fun on those nights, and we still feel like we got a great cleanse. We're honestly still pretty much going strong a week into February and trying to make it to Valentine's Day before any major changes... 

2. Go to bed with a clean sink every night. 

This is another one of those goals that we try to make every January just to start the year off right, and honestly, this has kind of become more of a habit and routine in our house especially in the past year or two. 100% of our morning starts off better if we walk into a clean and put away kitchen, so we try to make this just a daily habit, and it was great to have this little goal in January to remind us how much we love it. 

3. Complete one organizational project at home. 

Oh, I loved this one this month. I've shared a million times on here already, but I started reading The Lazy Genius Way this month, and I loved it so much. It spurred on so many great thoughts and practices around here, and I was able to sort through our junk drawer and a big cabinet in our kitchen without getting completely overwhelmed. I wrote a little bit more about this here, and one of my goals is carrying over into February too. 

Which brings us to this sweet month...
1. Make a decision about one item every day. 

This is one of my biggest takeaways as of right now from my sweet book and Kendra over at The Lazy Genius. She encourages everyone to start small and as I was thinking about something that I would really love to be able to do is to go through the areas of our house that have been collecting "things" for a while without feeling completely overwhelmed...enter my goal to decide on one thing a day... a very small goal I know, but a goal nevertheless and since the middle of January when I started this, there are multiple places in our little home that feel a whole lot more breathable, so I'm hoping that throughout the month of February this rhythm and practice continues to bless us a little more each day. 

2. Get Jane's clothes ready for the Consignment Sale. 

This is a new one for me... I'm sure this happens everywhere, but twice a year here in Nashville there are several churches and places that will host a Consignment Sale and last fall, I loved the clothes I found for Jane. There are a few sweet moms from school last year that are helping me with the process this spring - to hopefully sell a few items of Jane's that she didn't wear much and we wouldn't save for another and make enough to buy her a few great spring and summer items. We'll see how it goes...but I will be thankful to have a few things out of her closet and organized a bit more. 

3. Order groceries for the week every weekend. 

This is a new rhythm that we started in January and it helped our month SO much...in budgeting, our week days, dinner after tutoring and work, keeping our fridge stocked, etc... It just made all the difference for us, and we made it a goal to continue throughout the month of February. We know first hand how quickly things and seasons can change, but right now, this is working really well for us, and we are trying to soak it up while it lasts. We are so thankful for the sweet people who are shopping for our groceries every weekend for us to pick up after church!! 

And there you have it...just a few goals for the month! What are you working on this February?! I know it's a shorter month, but I hope it's just as productive and inspiring as the beginning of January was! Here's to a great and sweet month of February!!

I'm off to get started on some of these, and I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tabitha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!