Thursday, February 23, 2023

Frame This Moment.

Happy Thursday!! Hope everyone is having such a great week! Ours has been full of sunshine and warmer weather, which we're soaking up these days!! Today I just have a little Frame This Moment for you. I hope that as you go through your week, you're finding simple moments to stop and frame too! Thanks for sharing each week! It's been a fun little tradition this year. 

Today's is special even though I know I've shared this picture on here before...this little room. It's a special place in our home... This room is "the room" that's hard to figure out in our house. I feel like everyone has one of these, and this is ours. 

I think technically it would be labeled as the formal "dining room," but the people before us had it as their TV den and had painted a dark color, which I'm sure worked well because it's a pretty dark room without any direct windows or light from outside. None of the walls are really complete walls with corners because all have openings or door frames or windows or doors outside (to our porch) and it opens up to our kitchen, but not all the way. It's just a tricky room. And it took me a long time to get it to a place where we started really loving it. You can read a little about that journey here

But I think we always knew that when we had little ones, this room would probably be the first to shift and change in our downstairs, and we are officially getting to that point... I snapped this just a few mornings ago and smile every time I see this picture. A little of the old mixed with a little of the new. My very favorite antique mantel and one of my first "adult purchases" at Tuesday Morning of that little french cottage chair... Now mixed with Jane's little ladder, scattered about toys and her little crawling tunnel... Then you add our screened in porch and the morning light coming in, and I just love everything about this little moment in time. I can almost hear Jane crawling and laughing and Pierce in the kitchen making coffee and our Bibles out on the couch and kitchen table... Little curtains that I had brought with me from my days in Plano, and a random little room monitor that I've never known why it's there or what it's for in the top corner 😂 Just such a special little place... 

And although it's starting to change and shift and the mantel is having to find a new home until we can seal it and secure it a little more, I'm trying to think of this has good and sweet change. A space in our home that is shifting to follow our season in life a little more, and that I think is a good thing. So as we are brainstorming how to update this little room, I'm so thankful for this tiny snapshot of a moment in time. The in-between of seasons, which feels like the perfect little metaphor for where we are right now. (And I can't wait to update you on the changes at some point too.)

My moment to frame this week. ☺️ What is yours?! I'd love to know!! 

Thanks for following along in this little journey, and I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow morning!! Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between! 

Lots of blessings,
Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. Tab...I think that random little monitor is a motion detector from a security system that was in the home from a prior owner. We have one like it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, Kerry!!! In the back of my mind, that's kind of what I've always thought, but never investigated... I'm glad to know you think that's what it is too!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!