Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Ten Things I Love About Motherhood

Well, in honor of Valentine's Day week and celebrating all the ones we love, I thought today it'd be fun to share ten things I'm loving about motherhood right now. At the end of last year, when I asked for any topics or things people would love to see and read about, motherhood was a common theme... 
It's obviously a topic that I am more new to (with ten month old, Jane! And two month old Jane in that picture!) But I've been taking care of Bitty Babies and teaching students for as long as I can remember, so it's a topic and theme that I've always loved and now the biggest blessing that I get to experience! 

I thought this would be a fun post to do every now and again because I'm sure my ten things I love will often ebb and flow and change, but right now, in no particular order, here are ten things I'm loving about motherhood that come to my mind...

1. I love watching Jane smile and laugh. 

It truly warms my heart. It always has, but recently, her adorable belly laugh gets me (and us) every time. I could listen all day. I'm sure this is across the board for every mom! There is just nothing better. 

2. I love when Jane puts her head on my shoulder. 

Cue ALL of the tears and everything melting away. It's just the best. And for the millisecond that her head is there, I just try to soak up everything about it!! 

3. I love watching her sweet face light up when she sees someone she knows or recognizes. This happens every day when Pierce gets home, and it's so sweet. 

4. I love being able to watch her explore and figure things out. She is an explorer, and the teacher in me loves that!

5. I love making our home a place of rest for all of us. 

It's been so fun brainstorming about different parts of our house that might need to change/be updated for us to live more in the season we are with Jane. I've always loved everything about "home" and creating spaces, and it was such a fun season putting our home together when it was just me and Pierce. I always thought I might be a little sad when it came time for things to change, but it just feels right and fun and exactly what we need to be doing to make it a home that makes the most sense for us with a little one. I have always loved Myquillyn Smith, "The Nester," and I am trying to use and incorporate some of her amazing wisdom on my latest projects. It's just something that I really love!

6. I've been loving figuring out new rhythms and routines for us around here. 

Along the same lines as our home, it has been life giving to me to try to figure out new rhythms that best serve us right now. When I find one that fits and makes sense and helps us better reach our end goal, it feels like a really good way to steward our days and habits. 

7. I love feeding Jane. 

I love giving her solids, I would say Pierce really loves watching her try new things, but I really have loved nursing her. I'm a nine and a peacemaker and a middle child, and this has just been one of the sweetest things about loving Jane this year, and I'm so thankful!!

8. I love running errands with Jane. 

Having a little buddy with me while we're out and about is honestly just really sweet. I love having her in the cart or listening to music with her in the car. She's just a sweet little girl to have along when we're out. (There obviously have been days where our Kroger feels like it's in a different state instead of the five minutes down the road that it is, but recently, she's been loving our car rides and errands, and I'm loving them too!)

9. I love going on walks. 

Before Jane, I never really just went out and walked by myself. I would occasionally go on a run, and I went on walks with Pierce or a friend, but now that Jane is here, I probably go on an average of at least a walk a day, and I love it. It's some of my favorite time to just process and breathe in fresh air and sunshine (two of my very favorite things), see Jane watch and explore outside. I love just getting a little exercise, listening to a podcast, or talking to a friend. Walks are definitely a favorite right now.

10. And ten, I love teaching Jane, especially about Jesus. 

I think I will always be a teacher at heart, and in a lot of ways, I think figuring out how to teach something just comes naturally, but something I have been really loving is figuring out ways to teach Jane specifically about Jesus. I know she's young, but I also know her little brain is moving and absorbing and taking everything in, so the more music and Scripture and prayer and stories and simple little conversations that I can have and teach her through, I know the more her little brain and self will start to learn. I pray every day for little Jane, that the Lord would give us wisdom in parenting her and that she would come to know Him one day very soon. ❤️

And there you have it... Ten things that I'm loving right now about motherhood. Notice, I didn't really add sleepless nights or trying to teach her no or her independent and determined side that seems to show itself most when cabinet doors and outlets are involved 😉 I love it all, and obviously some days are better than other and some seasons are sweeter and some harder, but I truly do consider it a gift from the Lord and have been trying to soak in each and every day and find the sweet and simple joys and blessings! 

I would love to know what you are loving about motherhood right now too! And I would also love to add you to my list to pray for if you're longing for a season of motherhood. I keep a list in my Bible of so many women and couples that are pleading with the Lord for a little one, and it's an honor and a privilege to be able to pray on their behalf, so if that is you, I really would love to pray for you! Please email me - it would be a blessing to me. 


Motherhood...what a sweet word. Thanks for the encouragement for these fun posts! And if you have any favorites about motherhood - books, podcasts, blogs, etc, I'm always all ears!!! Thanks for following along! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved this post, as I love reading so many of your other ones too! So thrilled for your sweet family! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Jennifer!!! You are always such an encouragement to me!!! ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!