Thursday, February 8, 2024

Frame This Moment - Park Bench and Prayer.

It's Thursday!! Such a fun day for so many reasons! But a favorite is definitely always a little moment in time to frame!! And today I actually have two because I just couldn't choose from the two of the sweetest moments this past week. 
The first is from a day when Jane and I were out running about a million errands, one of which was to the FedEx store. She was such a champ waiting in line to mail our package, and on the way out was DYING to sit on the bench in front of the store. It took me about 4 seconds to realize that was an easy yes! I could take a few minutes out of our day and sit and enjoy some sunshine on a bench that apparently looked so fun to Jane. I had a bar in my purse, and we made the most of it - having a snack, people watching and saying hi to those who were walking by. 

So many people stopped to say hi or smiled as they walked by, and it made me realize that's exactly what "frame this moment" is all about. A tiny moment in the day - in this case so unplanned, but one that made me smile, made me thankful for a perspective and ability to slow down and enjoy the seemingly tiny things that can actually make a huge difference. Her giddy little spirit when I said yes, the joy of a little mid-morning snack, and her tiny little hand resting on my leg just about did me in. So thankful for this sweet girl, and how much she has taught me to slow down and enjoy the little things - there is just so much joy and beauty in those small blessings!! And these Thursdays have helped thank the Lord for them daily! 

The second was also the sweetest moment this past Saturday morning... We LOVE Saturday mornings...time to just take it easy, make a yummy breakfast, Pierce isn't headed to work, and we love staying in our cozy clothes just a bit longer. On this particular morning, we moved to the study/play room to read our Bibles after breakfast. Jane sat and read with us for a while and then had the best time bringing me every fruit, vegetable and container that was in her little refrigerator. She climbed up so proud of herself right about the time we were starting to pray. I looked over, and her tiny little head was bowed, her hands were folded and eyes closed, and I just couldn't help but smile and all but tear up. I wasn't sure if I would be able to snap a picture, but my am I glad I did! This little snapshot is such a special one.

I love this sweet little one and her love and desire at such a little age to pray. We love that Jane's middle name is Arbel (said "Are-bell"), a mountain in Israel looking over the Sea of Galilee that is often said where Jesus went up to pray, and we pray often that it would be a foundation for her in becoming such a prayerful girl. And this little moment in time was a favorite to frame this week for sure!!

And there you have it...just two blink of eye moments that could get lost in the sea of a busy week, but how fun it is to slow down and treasure them just a bit! Thanks as always for sharing yours too!! They always make my day!!!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!
Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!
Lots of love!! 
XO 
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Her precious prayerful hands! ❤️🥹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, I know. That picture gets me every time 🥹🙏🏼

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!