Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Favorites - Walks, February Fun, and Sourdough Bread

Happy FRIDAY!! Hope everyone has had such a great week!! We are so looking forward to this weekend ahead - not much is on our calendar, and I love weekends like that just to soak up and enjoy this season that we're in.  

Today I just have a few little small joys from this week for your Friday morning!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is finding little blessings in your days as well!! 



Well, the end of January marked the end of one of my favorite goals to walk a mile each day (although, I think we will definitely continue our little morning routine for a while!!) It was the sweetest time with this girl every day. Walking, chatting, praying, listening to music, memorizing Scripture, talking to friends - all in the cold, snow, ice, sunshine, and even some drizzle a few days - she was a trooper, and it was definitely a favorite part of January!!! (And of course, her baby came with us most days haha!) 


Another favorite this week has been welcoming this sweet month!! 
I think it's the teacher in m, but I will just always love all that February holds - from the pink, purple and red to the joy and love and fun. 
I always say that there really isn't any place like an elementary school during this time of year. It is definitely a special place to spend this sweet month!! 
Last year, I brought my hearts to Jane's room, and I can't wait to put them back up this weekend!! 
And I always love breaking out my very favorite Valentine's sweatshirt that a sweet mom at school gave me when I was expecting Jane. February, we love you and are excited to welcome you this year!!! 


Speaking of February and being excited it's here, me and this girl loved breaking out our pink to wear on the 1st as we ran errands around town! 
I LOVE her little hugs and kisses on the cheek - sheesh. Time needs to slow down... 


Because this was Jane last year...taking her first step or two in tiny little shoes before church...
Goodness, this will just always be a favorite!! 


Mornings at the library are always a favorite!!! 
Especially when we get to hang with one of Jane's sweetest little friends!! As you can tell, Jane was giddy to be sitting next to her bestie hahaha 


And last but not least, having a little helper to make some sourdough with me this week was definitely a favorite. I think she was most amazed that the "ball" we made eventually turned into a loaf of bread hahaha 
Sourdough bread is always a favorite, but it was even better after a month off of grains and sugars. We always take February slow with adding things back in, but it was fun to have some homemade bread with our dinner!! 

And that about wraps up just a few snapshots and favorites from the week!! It's been a sweet one over here. Jane and I are off to clean and run our last few errands before the weekend! I hope everyone enjoys their first weekend of February!! And thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up!

I'll plan to see you back here on Tuesday!!  
Lots of blessings!! 
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned! All of the walking sounds wonderful. I have been trying to get out and walk more, sometimes not quite a mile a day but more than I have been.
    Jane is just adorable. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that, Kim!! Walking just seems to make the day better doesn't it?! So glad you've gotten to get out more this January too!!! And thank you!! 🤗 Happy Friday and hope it's such a great weekend too!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!