Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Valentine's Crafts πŸ’•

Happy Tuesday!!! And day before Valentine's Day!!! We had such a sweet weekend in Louisville and loved all the time with family and little Nashville getaway!! But we're back in Nashville and excited for a sweet week to celebrate such a fun little holiday!! Today I just have a few fun Valentine's Day/ February crafts for you incase you're looking for some fun to do with a little one!! 
It's been one of my goals to get the paint out a little more often with Jane, and this was definitely a fun month for a few sweet crafts!!

I wrote a little about each one in case you are looking for some, sweet simple artwork for your walls or to giveaway as gifts this February!! 
Here's all you need for these:
  • Paint (This is my favorite little kit - you can find this at any Target or craft store too)
  • Paper (I actually have a stash of colored card stock that I like to use for these crafts, but construction paper is perfect too!!) I used an assortment of white, pink, red, and purple for these, with green for the tops of the strawberry! (I also used peach for a few extra strawberries we made for gifts.) 
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Painters Tape (for the LOVE Handprint Art) 
  • Sharpie (for the Strawberry Valentine) 
  • Optional: I like to use a paint brush to brush her hands and feet, but I've used my fingers plenty of times too. I like to have wipes on hand for an easy and quick clean-up. (I also used q-tips for the dots on a few of the strawberries as well!)
I had seen this little LOVE artwork piece somewhere and knew I had to try it! It really was one of the simplest ones!! 
  • I just cut a few pieces of blue painters taped and taped them down for the L, V, and E. 
  • Then I cut out a heart and taped it down for the "O." 
  • I had Jane stamp several red, pink and light pink hand prints all over all of the letters. (She loved this part, and I pretty much let her decide where they should go!)
  • When it dried, I peeled off the tape. (You have to go slow on this...mine ripped a tiny bit on the L, but you can hardly tell since it's already white!!) 
  • And then you have the cutest little Valentine's Day artwork to hang!!!
Here are a few in-progress pics! 
It was definitely a fun one!! 

For this second LOVE one, when I peeled the heart off the first one, I loved it so much I knew I had to use it for something! So this one came together SO simply!!!
  • I quickly sketched out the four letter with pencil, so I would know where to put Jane's handprint. 
  • Then I cut out a small heart and taped it right before I painted her hand with pink and stamped a handprint for the "O." 
  • I cut out the L and E and glued those down. 
  • Then glued the heart from the craft before down for the V. You could also do two footprints here, and it would be so cute!! 
  • When the handprint dried, I pulled up the heart, and it was such a simple, but cute little craft to hang as well!!! 
Jane loved watching the little heart come to life from a folded piece of paper!! Haha I had to make them smaller than I thought to fit in her little palm on her handprints!! 

This one was a really sweet one because it has both the hand print and the footprints! (And my how they get bigger so quickly!!!) Jane kept begging for the purple paint, which is why these are purple, but you could do these in any color!! 
  • I quickly sketched with pencil the four letters, so I had an idea of where her little hands and feet would go. 
  • Then I taped down another little white heart to go with her handprint. 
  • I painted her hand purple and had her stamp it for the "o."
  • Then I pained her feet and stamped them for the "v." 
  • After they dried a little, I wrote in the "l" and "e" with a little paintbrush. 
  • And then added a few hearts at the bottom (totally optional!) And a little piece of red on the back of one when I hung it!
I made a second one of these for grandparents too!! They just turned out so cute!!! 

And lastly, these little strawberry Valentine's! I made a few different versions of these because I just couldn't decide which one I loved the most! But these are SO easy and simple if you're looking for a cute gift for grandparents, friends or neighbors!! We made several to give and mail. :) 
  • I just cut a piece of pink or peach paper in half. 
  • Then stamped either a red or pink handprint on them for the strawberry. 
  • I cut out a little green strawberry "top" and glued it on. 
  • Then I wrote "I love you BERRY much!" with her name on the bottom.
  • For the strawberry dots, on some I had Jane use a q-tip and paint little black dots, which looked so cute, and then for a few, I cut out little hearts and we glued them down. I think both look so cute and you really can't go wrong with this adorable little Valentine! 
It was definitely a fun one to make and SO simple, but the sweetest little gift!!! 

And there you have it!! Just a few fun ideas for your Valentine's week this week!!! I love seeing and hearing your ideas too!!!

It always just makes me smile to have a few fun pieces up in our playroom/study. They are just fun little treasures that are so sweet and making them is always half of the memories!! 

If you are looking for snow craft ideas still this winter, I have a few for you here. And you can see all of my craft posts in one spot here. ☺️
And just as a little throwback and to show you how fast those little feet grow, this was one the first little crafts from church Jane ever made last Valentine's Day! *Cue all the tears!!* SO simple and still one of the sweetest crafts I have. You can read about it on my Frame This Moment here

I hope you all have the very best Tuesday, and I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!
Sending lots of love this February!!! 
XOXO
πŸ’•Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!