Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday Favorites - Road Trips, Valentine's Day Snacks and a Fun Game

Happy FRIDAY!! How are we already half way through February?! I know March will be here before we know it!! It was a sweet week though celebrating all the fun of February, and if you have a long weekend in store, I hope it's just as sweet!! Today I just have a few of our favorites from around here this week. I hope there were many blessings and little favorites in your week as well!! 



Oh, road trips. Pierce and I have been doing road trips together since before we were dating, definitely through our year and a half long distance, and too many to count throughout our almost five and a half years of marriage. But road trips with a little one have been a whole other adventure. We've been taking Jane in the car since she was so little, so in some ways, I think she's gotten a bit used to them, but in others, her active little self makes them a tiny bit harder these days. But whenever she crashes hard like this in the car, it is always a favorite. A little time to breathe and enjoy the trip. I had to snap this picture on the way home from my parents. She plays hard there and a few miles down the interstate, she was out. I loved that she still had her pink rain boots on (she would seriously sleep in them if we let her hahahha), her puppy dog that Nana gave her, her drawing pad, water bottle, and baby and carrier in arms reach. Sound asleep surrounded by all of her favorite things!! 
And it took me back to our first big roadtrip to the beach when she was just a few months old. Still surrounded by her favorite things, just a littler version 😂 We've come to love these family road trips though and all that we learn on them!!


Another favorite is Valentine's snacks. I had been wanting to try Shay's Valentine's Chex Treats and my Discipleship Group girls coming over on Tuesday night was the perfect day to try them!! 
I found a little healthier marshmallow, used our favorite Miss Jone's Vanilla Icing on the top and picked out a few of our dye-free sprinkles in pink and red and they were definitely a hit in our house this week!!
Paired with a few fun gummies (I love getting things at Sprouts that are dyed with vegetable and fruit juices instead of coloring) and some strawberries. My sweet mom made me a Valentine's potholder that I've been loving with hot tea this week! AND a friend gifted us this cake/bakery stand, and it has definitely become a favorite. We put our sourdough bread loafs in it, our homemade bagels, any fun bakery items or treats, and it's a perfect little bamboo addition to our kitchen! 


This game has definitely been a new favorite around here!!! 
We played all weekend at my parents' house, and it was definitely a fun one! If you're looking for a fun new family game, I definitely recommend it!!


Another favorite is I've loved having some fun Valentine's Day crafts up in our playroom/study. They just make me smile every time I walk past, and it makes it feel a little more bright and sunny during this month of February!! You can look at the behind of the scenes along with a few more ideas here


And finally, I loved taking this little fearless Valentine's girl to the park this week. She literally was clapping her hands yelling, "YAY!!" when we pulled in, and it made me smile. I am trying hard to soak up these sweet mornings with little Jane!!
I love these sunny days so much!!! And this season is definitely a sweet one!! 

Those are just a few of our favorites around here this week!! Jane and I are off to clean this rainy Friday morning, then we are soaking up a free Saturday and looking forward to having our small group over on Sunday. I hope you all have such a wonderful weekend as well!! And thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up!

I'll plan to see you back here Tuesday!! 
Lots of blessings!
XO 
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!