Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Let's Look - Little Things We Do Every Day

 Happy Wednesday and V A L E N T I N E ' S  D A Y !!!! 


Can we believe this was just ONE year ago?! Little Jane!!! I can't believe how much she's changed in one year. Still love celebrating this sweet day!!! 


Today I thought I would jump on board to Let's Look and talk about Little Things We Do Every Day. I thought this was such a fun blog link-up, and I just brainstormed a few of the first things that came to mind. I'm sure there are many more, but here are just a few that I thought of first!! 

1. Pray

I can't think of a day that goes by that prayer isn't a big part. Even in small "little things," we try to always incorporate prayer. Whether it's in the car before we leave or on a walk or when we know Pierce is in a meeting, I try to make this a little part of our everyday. 

2. Read my Bible

This is definitely something that makes up every day. I know sometimes it can feel little and other days feel not little in the slightest, but I couldn't imagine my mornings without it, and I'm thankful for the perspective and wisdom it gives each day. 

3. Make our bed

This has become such a habit and it is such a little thing, but it ALWAYS makes a huge difference. I can't imagine getting into bed at night without just a little straightened and made bed. Even when Jane was tiny, I would try to do this at some point throughout the day to make getting in at night just a little sweeter. 

4. Take pictures

Everyone who knows me knows this is definitely a weakness of mine. I just love capturing moments. I try not to make my phone a distraction throughout the day and oftentimes just let moments go past that I try to "frame in my mind," but I love when I can look back on pictures and memories. It really is one of my very favorite pastimes. 

5. Get sunshine/fresh air 

Oh, I love this so much. I am a sunshine girl through and through and I try to get out in the sun at least a little every day. Even just breathing in the fresh air for a bit really can make ALL the difference. 

6. Tun on lamps/ open the blinds

Speaking of outside sunshine and natural light, I always try to have as much sunshine coming through our windows as possible. In fact, in a few of our rooms (mainly our kitchen that faces our backyard), I took down our blinds completely when I was painting and never put them back up because I fell in love with all the sunshine it let in. If it's dark or rainy, I will try to have as many lamps on as possible. I can't tell you a day in our house where the overhead lights were on. It just is something little that happens every day and always makes a huge difference in making it cozy and quaint throughout the day and evening. 

7. Write down thankfulness/memories from the day every night

This is a sweet that that Pierce and I have been doing since we got married. We read a Psalm each night and on that Psalm we add some thankfulness/memories from the day. If you read through the Psalms and Proverbs, it is almost exactly half of a year, so we read through them twice each year, so we are always ending up on the same day, and it's so fun to look back where we were/what our days looked like three, four, five years ago. This is one of those little things that I am so thankful became a sweet everyday habit. 

8. Drink hot tea. 

Oh man, I can thank my mom for this one, but it's a little thing that truly happens every day. I love to start my day off with a cup of hot tea, and I would say that several nights out of the week, Pierce and I end our day too with a cup of tea. There are just so many flavors, comforts, and sweetness that come along with a cup of hot tea. 

9. Tidy

I don't know if this is a little thing, but this is definitely something that makes up my every day. Even if it's just a few minutes at the end of the day, having things put away or at least tidied up really makes such a difference for me (and I think Pierce and Jane too!) every day. 

10. Smile, laugh, enjoy time with family. 

I would say probably my favorite each day is simply just the tiny little daily moments with family that make me smile, laugh and remember to be thankful for all of the Lord's many blessings. It's little, but it is definitely a very favorite little thing that happens each day. 

And there you have it... Just an assortment of 10 little things that we do every day. I can't wait to hear and read yours!!! 

If you're looking for a little Valentine's Inspiration today... 
You can find a few fun craft ideas here
Some fun date ideas here
And a little look back on last Valentine's Day here. (Jane was just starting to take a few tiny steps!!! My goodness...)
For now I'm off to sport my very favorite Valentine's sweatshirt, enjoy some hot tea and make today a special one for Jane and Pierce while doing all of our normal little daily things as well!! 

I can't wait to hear the little things that you do each day too!! I always love getting ideas and love hearing about other people's rhythms and routines as well!! Thanks for following along and thanks Shay and Erika for the fun blog link-up! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Lots of love and Happy Valentine's Day!!! 
XOXO
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!