Thursday, August 25, 2022

Buccaneers vs Titans Game

Happy Thursday!!! So close to the weekend... We have been loving this simple week at home...getting back into routines and just taking it easy while we recover from the past few weeks. Today, I thought it would be fun to recap how we finished off our busy birthday week at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. 

My dad is a HUGE Bucs fan - he and my mom grew up down there and they've been loyal fans through the thick and thin...but then Brady came along and it's been pretty much only thick since then πŸ˜‚ 
When the schedule came out that they were playing the Titans here in Nashville, we convinced my dad that it would be such a fun way to celebrate his birthday, so on Saturday, we all got our Bucs gear out and made our way to the Nissan Stadium. 
Audrey and I used to get ready for things together all the time, so it was so fun having her in the same space as we got ready for the game! 
All three "Whitacre" girls sporting their Bucs attire. 
We tried to plan it around Jane's naps the best we could, but eventually all six of us were in the car ready to go!!
Parking about 200 miles away from the stadium πŸ˜‚
Just a leisurely stroll through downtown Nashville hahaha we were definitely sporting the wrong team colors for the first Titans game of the season haha 
But Jane was a champ and really did do so well on the walk there. 
We don't get down the walking bridge that often, so it was fun to see the city from a different perspective. 
Finally made it the stadium 🏈 
And Audge and I had to grab some of our favorite snacks on the way to our seats...I'm not kidding when I say these things are truly my weakness hahaha πŸ₯¨ 
Finally made it! 
And sweet Jane was a champ...we don't have a tv in our house, so saying that she was LOVING the big screens at the stadium was the understatement of the year hahaha πŸ˜‚ 
We got her cute little onesie at this sweet Etsy shop...
She was truly just taking in all the people and all the sights that day haha 
Loved a night next to my sweet sister! 
Two favorites!! 
It was seriously SUCH a pretty evening in Nashville and it made my heart giddy for fall and all the crisp air and football that's coming!
I took Jane to the Nursing Mother's lounge around half time and we grabbed her headphones for the rest of the game...it really made such a difference...especially because the Titans were scoring quite often πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚
She got about a million comments on her hilarious headphone haha but it was such a sweet night with the family. 
These two were looking great in their Bucs hats! 
And sweet Jane hung in there...until she pretty much let us know it was time go...she had seen A LOT and it was way past her bedtime...
So we took one last picture...pretending we were back in college πŸ˜‚ ...one of my favorite pictures looking back!! 
And packed up to head home!! 
I got one last picture with Dad as a quick throwback to our favorite several years ago... 

Even though it was just preseason and the Bucs didn't come out on top (not to mention that Brady decided to skip this game πŸ˜‚), it was the best night making fun memories and soaking in the beginning of one of our very favorite seasons. 

We'll be cheering on the Bucs from home this fall, but so glad we got to be there as they kicked off their football season in Nashville!! (We'll also be cheering for the Titans, so that night was a semi win-win πŸ˜‰)

Hope it was fun seeing a few of these pics from the weekend! We love a great football game, and it feels like Tampa may be calling our name at some point soon!!!

I'll see you back here tomorrow as I'm over here trying not to deck our house at for fall just yet hahaha
Thanks for reading!! 
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. “It’s been only think since then”!!! Hahahah what a fun night and it really was sweet to get ready together againπŸ₯Ί Love you TabπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha so funny! And yes!! It was!! Love you too, Audge! πŸ’›

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just came across your blog from one of Shay's link-ups, and I read a few of your latest posts over a copy of coffee while my girls are still asleep. I am loving getting to know you and your family! I have three daughters (ages 6, 4, and 2) so it's sweet to re-live the baby season via Jane. :-) In a world where many of us scroll and read without commenting, I thought I'd say hi and thank you for sharing your world in this space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww oh my goodness! Thank you so much for reading and even more for commenting!! It just seriously made my day ❤️ I love that you have three girls - I'm sure I would just take so many notes if we could sit down for some tea and coffee πŸ₯°πŸ’• Thank you again so much for your kind words - it means the world!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!