Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Life Lately [8.16.22]

Happy Tuesday!! And happy 1st day of school to so many of my favorites!! It's crazy for me to think that on the first day of school, instead of being up early, packing a lunch and headed to greet students, I am up early, packing us for a flight, and headed to the airport. We didn't realize the timing when we booked our flights, but are excited for the adventure ahead. 

Today I thought I'd share a little of our life lately. Just a little of what we've been up to for your Tuesday morning!
The first is our "library date." Last Thursday, Pierce told me he had the perfect date night idea and that it would be perfect with Jane too. 
So that evening, we packed Jane in the carrier and took off on the mile and a half walk to the library. We both picked out two books for the other person to read - a fiction and nonfiction. The lady at the desk asked us how we had time to read when we had a newborn hahaha I married a bookworm is definitely how 😉😂
It was just too fun and we've been loving reading our books in bed at night. Can't wait to give lots of reviews at some point soon!! 
A lot of my other days have simply looked like this...sweet days with my little Jane. I know that this season is fleeting and that it will look very different in the future as Jane gets older and Lord willing, we have more kids, so I am truly just trying to soak. it. up. And I thank the Lord everyday for this sweetest gift. Cue the tears hahaha 
I have also started tutoring again, and it's been the most fun. Pierce always gets to spend an hour or two with Jane, and I snapped this pic when they came to visit after one of my sessions and hope I always remember these sweet days. 
Lunch days with Daddy...Jane may not look happy, but I promise she was staring at her toy and semi-enjoying herself hahaha
See...very happy 😂
We've also been just loving this amazing cookie cake recipe that Pierce's brother and sister-in-law gave us. I have a feeling we'll be making this many more times and will definitely have to share the recipe on here soon too!
And really...this is what a lotttt of our days have looked like the past week or so. 
Jane's first trip to Lowe's 😂 ...I laughed so hard because I'm pretty sure this was my exact face when I went with my parents approximately 873,659 times when we were building our house when I was little hahaha 
But we got what we needed....
Snapped a before picture...
And Pierce got to work starting to remove our popcorn ceilings... We are in it for the long-haul over here, and I'm sure I'll give lots of updates soon, but it's something we've wanted to try since we moved in, so we can't believe the day is finally here!! 

As our house is pretty much "under construction," we are packing our bags and headed out West for the week! Pierce's dad is turning 60, and we are so glad to be able to celebrate with him! I'll be back here tomorrow with a few favorites from our past trips out there! I hope you have a great Tuesday!! Thanks so much for following along!!

❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. What a creative idea to pick out books for each other from the library, love that! I've never thought of that! Your house looks so adorable...we need a tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's too fun!!! You and Shane have to do it sometime for sure!! And yes!!! I'll have to do an update once we finish some of these ceilings for sure!!! ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!