Monday, August 1, 2022

August Goals

The first day of August!! On a Monday, too! I hope you guys have such a great start to the week and month!! We are waking up in DC this morning - loving on Pierce's brother and sister-in-law and our newest little niece. Today I thought I'd share just a few goals for this fresh and clean new month! 

Most months, Pierce and I make goals for things we hope to do/see/create/finish in the month. Sometimes, we get to check off everything on the list, and sometimes, they get moved to a different month, but it's always fun to have something to look to throughout the month. 
This is one of the very first Augusts that my calendar isn't filled with in-service days, classroom preparation, meet the teacher, parent conferences and the first day of school, so I tried to brainstorm a few ways I could make the most of a different kind of calendar. 

Last month, one of my goals was to blog every weekday, which was such a fun one to work on. And a second was to walk 40 miles, which I got to finish yesterday in DC with the family. So fun!! 

So today, I have my work cut out for me with... 

1. Organize kitchen/office cabinet. 
There is one cabinet in our kitchen that has become quite the little "office" space, mostly by accident... It's helpful most days to have things in arms reach that we use pretty often, but it has become one of those spaces that we sometimes hold our breath to open...filled with letters, pens and pencils, random receipts, manuals, etc.... It's been on my list for a long time to organize and make it more practical, so I thought it would be a great goal to have this month. 

2. Complete kitchen project. 
Well, this one seems vague, but there are a few kitchen updates/small DIY renovations that I've been wanting to try for quite a while and now that I have a little extra time during the day on my hands, I thought it might be the perfect month to try it. I'll definitely have to keep you updated on the progress, and hopefully, the finished product soon too!!

3. Use at least one of my Pilates gift classes. 
And last but not least, I won eight Pilates classes in a silent auction our school put on this past spring... But I was nine months pregnant at the time, and thought maybe I'd wait a little to try it. They've just been sitting in my purse, and I see it every so often and think, "I need to try that soon!" So...I thought August might be the perfect month to actually try one out. With a few trips on the books, I made it a goal to make it to at least one, but I hope to use all eight soon!! 

And with those three on the list, that about wraps up this year's August Goals I think...I asked Pierce if he wanted to share his, but he's still brainstorming on what his month will hold, so maybe we can check back in at some point when he's made a few... We'd also love to hear yours too if you have any new goals you're thinking about on this first day of August!! 

Hope it was fun just getting a little glimpse into our month's beginning. Hope you all have a great Monday, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. Love these goals! Pilates is my favorite workout as of the past few years! You'll have to keep us posted with how it goes! Also, we are about an hour or less from DC now...one of your trips up we'll have to plan a meet-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so fun that you love Pilates!! I will definitely keep you updated! I'm excited to try it!! And also! That is so fun!! I would love that!!! ☺️ I'm sure we'll be up there a time or two more soon!!

      Delete
  2. Pilates…yes … budget for it if you can; go three times and you’ll be hooked. 🀸🧘.
    Also, haha good luck keeping your kitchen cabinet organized with pens and paper, etc. Things have a way of jumping into a ‘junk drawer’ on a regular basis…all on their own πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰☺️ (‘Where did all this come from?… [looking around for the culprit..realizing you’re the only one that ever opens that cabinet]…But if anybody can do it, it’s you! ~MomπŸ’•☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to go a few times this month!!! I'll keep you updated - you are definitely the one who inspired me!! 🀸🏼
      And hahaha that's hilarious πŸ˜‚ I'll definitely keep you updated hahaha

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!