Monday, August 15, 2022

Featured Photos #3

Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had such a great weekend!! We had a low-key weekend on the books, but Friday night we decided to take a deep dive into a home project we had been dreaming about for so long, so you can find our living room looking like a construction site at the moment hahaha Can't wait to share soon though!!
But today as we start the week, house in disarray and packing our bags to leave tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to share a few more Featured Photos. Thanks for your sweet feedback about loving those posts - it's always so fun for me too to walk down memory lane and see what my phone pulls up on my "Featured Photo" album. 

If you missed the first post, I talked about finding my wedding dress and Pierce and I dating long distance, and you can read that here. In the second post, I talked about telling our parents we were expecting a baby and Pierce finishing grad school, and you can read that here

Today I have another random, but fun assortment for you and hope you enjoy!!!
August 5th, 2020
This one is such a sweet one... When summer 2020 started, I knew it would be nice to have some time off school and to reflect a little on all that was going on. I loved teaching summers, specifically for all of the extra time in the morning to read and study Scripture. I texted a few girls at the end of May and asked if anyone wanted to do a little study on Ruth and Esther with me... Several texted back and we shared emails throughout the summer as we all read through the books of the Bible along with Warren Weirsbe's study on them. (I LOVE all of his "Be Series" and can't recommend them highly enough!!!) At the end of the summer, we celebrated with a morning tea on our porch to share and reflect on all that we learned. And my sweet sister made her signature sugar cookies for the occasion! Love looking back on this sweet memory. 
June 14th, 2020
That same summer, we took several trips up to Louisville to visit my family and enjoy the sunshine and time by the pool. We got out an old favorite up there and loved so many fun nights of playing croquet! Now it's a regular tradition when we go up on summer evenings!
July 20th, 2020
My phone seemed to be loving summer 2020 memories because this was taken right after I got my wisdom teeth out. I don't really do that well with surgeries and really, anything medical....so this guy was awesome at taking care of me and the surgeon in Louisville worked me in so much faster than Nashville, so we spent the week recovering at my parents' house...Not a memory I love to remember, but it's sweet that we have this picture...swollen gums and all. 
August 5th, 2020
I must have wanted an after pic a few weeks later!!! Haha Loved nights just cozied up at home! We still do as the three of us! 
August 9th, 2019
Pierce's graduation...this could be a whole post in and of itself, but Pierce started his MBA one week before we got engaged, we got married during his fall break, and he spent the first year of our marriage in class four nights a week. He graduated with honors, and I couldn't have been more proud!! Both of our families came to celebrate his graduation, and it was such a fun weekend to look back on all of his hard work and how the Lord has blessed that season so much!
August 9th, 2018
And on the August 9th theme, one year earlier, we had taken a trip to Birmingham to visit some friends and I got to take Pierce back to my old stomping grounds at Samford. It was so sweet to show him around campus with some of my best college friends - I still love that place and all that the Lord taught me during those four years!! 
February 7th, 2021
And last but not least, one of the sweetest memories of the Buccaneers winning the Super Bowl. My dad has always been such a big fan of the Bucs and we grew up cheering them on, winning or losing (...which they seemed to do a lot...) But then Tom Brady happened and it was the MOST exciting season! We loved cheering them on with my dad each weekend and when we finally made it the Super Bowl, we knew we had to soak it up. My dad had just redone his basement for retirement, so my cousin and his family, me and Pierce, and a few friends came down to make it such a fun day! We love looking back through these pictures. I blogged a little about it in my February Favorites in 2021 here.

That about does it for this Monday's Featured Photos! Hope you enjoyed a random little peek into some of our favorite past memories! 

I hope everyone has such a great Monday, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. Love these posts! Those cookies are ADORABLE and not surprised we have the same serving dishes/dinnerware as you! Cozy nights at home are the absolute BEST! Also, I am the worst at medical stuff too! So glad that is all behind you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I love that we have the same!!! 🥰 And me too!!! It was quite the recovery haha thanks for reading, Jennifer!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!