Thursday, August 4, 2022

A Favorite Baby Gift - Homemade Burp Cloths

Happy Thursday!! How is this week flying by?! Hope you all are enjoying the start of August!! It's always such a busy month for us with four family birthdays, three anniversaries and this year two big trips with Jane!! We are soaking up every minute though and excited for the cooler weather that's hopefully coming soon!

Today I thought I'd share a little project that is a fun one for any baby shower/gift. One of my best friends made us these sweet homemade burp cloths at our shower in February. Her and her mom make them for all of the new babies in their family, and we were so excited that they included us in their tradition!! 

They quickly became our favorite burp cloths, so when our little niece Lucy was born, I knew I had to make them some! 
This is the finished project I snapped a picture of the morning after I finished them... 
I had gone with Jane a few days earlier to find some fabric that I knew they would like. They have a sweet nursery theme, so I tried to find some that would go along with their sweet colors.
I got out all my fun sewing supplies (thank you, Mom, for forever setting me up for success for any project!!) and was able to cut and pin the fabric on the bottom of the burp cloths. (They are actually cotton cloth diapers that make for the perfect, most absorbent burp cloths!!)
Then, thanks for a sweet Christmas gift when I was in college, I was able to use my sewing machine to sew the edges down. 
I just added some ric-rac on the top... 
And really did love how they all turned out! 
I've found so many cute ones on Etsy, but I love a sweet homemade gift and the meaning behind it, so I was so glad to be able to bless them with these! 
Thank you Elizabeth and your sweet mom for such a fun and creative idea and including us in your family tradition!! Hope it becomes one of ours as well!! 

Hope this is a fun idea for you if you ever need a little baby gift, and hopefully maybe even inspires you to do a little something creative today ๐Ÿ’•

Thanks for reading and following along!!! Also, a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the recipients of this gift today!!! Four years ago we were celebrating the end of long distance and the start to all the family fun and memories! Hope it's the best day celebrating!!

I'll see you all back here tomorrow!! Enjoy your Thursday!!!
❤️Tab

6 comments:

  1. You are the absolute cutest and we adore these burp cloths already!!!! Thanks for the sweet shout out!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜˜❤️ love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww SO glad you all love them!! They were so fun to make!!! We love you guys!! ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I just found out about my BFF's daughter's baby shower today. I pull up this post and it reminded me that one of my very favorite and most used baby gifts were homemade burp cloths that my sister-in-law gave me when my daughter was born. I loved them so much and I saved one that was never used as a memento for my daughter to have if she is ever blessed to have a child of her own. I don't own a sewing machine so I'm off to Etsy to find some to order for the baby shower to come. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerry! I am SO glad that the timing worked out perfectly!! Your friend's daughter will just adore any that you get her I know!!! I also love that you had some for your daughter and saved her one!! She will treasure that I know. Thanks for sharing that fun note, and I'm so glad that it came at the perfect time!!! Hope you were able to find some perfect ones on Etsy. ☺️

      Delete
  3. Nice job! Maybe you could make more… to sell?.. in your spare time! ๐Ÿ˜†.. but you could! ~love, Mom ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hahaha thanks, Mom!!! Yes, I need to try my hand at a few more! They're sweet to make. Thanks for teaching me everything I know ☺️๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงต๐Ÿชก

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!