Monday, September 26, 2022

A Week in the Life [September 2022]

Happy, happy Monday!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend - we just loved soaking in every bit of family time this weekend - from the little things to some bigger ones, it was just a really sweet weekend. 

I've done a few "Day in the Life" posts on here, and I know they are always my favorite to read on other people's blogs too... So I started thinking it would be fun to do a "Week in the Life." I randomly picked last week because it seemed like a pretty ordinary life in the of the Riddicks...
Our days are pretty ordinary and they're not really anything special, but we love soaking in all the in-between moments and remembering the sweet seasons we're walking through... Some of these days I took more pictures than others, and obviously some days looked different than they sometimes do...working out, tutoring, dinners, etc, but here's a glimpse into life for this little family of three last week...

MONDAY
Monday morning and Pierce and I were up and at'em early getting some time to read on the porch before Jane woke up...
Pierce was off to work and Jane was still sleeping, so I had a little extra time inside in my favorite spot... 
That morning, we took a little walk around our neighborhood...
Picked up some groceries...
Then Pierce was actually working from home for a few hours, so I snapped this that afternoon on a very rare sighting of all of us in the same room on a Monday afternoon....
Monday afternoons with small group are always a whirlwind, so I snapped this right before it all started....
I usually tutor virtually from 4:30-5:30 then in person from 5:30-6:30, then our small group comes over every other week at 6:45, so it's always a quick turnaround! 
I didn't take many pictures that night, but Jane was a champ, Pierce was amazing and completely helped *slash made* dinner, and we set up the patio for all of our friends and community that night...it was a really sweet and fun night for the books... We pretty much crashed right after everyone left, the dishes were in the dishwasher and Jane was asleep...

TUESDAY
Tuesday morning, Jane and I were up and ready to run some errands...
Sheesh I just love this little buddy so much....
Sweet little one was having a good morning hahaha
We ran to the dry cleaners, UPS, and of course, Home Goods πŸ˜‚ 
And this is how I found Jane about 30 seconds after we finished our errands haha 
I stopped by for a little salad from our favorite Chopt...
And worked on my blog for a few minutes while she took a nap that afternoon...
My tutoring ended up getting rescheduled that afternoon, so Pierce surprised us and brought home Chuy's, and we just enjoyed a sweet evening on the porch...
And after Jane fell asleep, this is pretty much where we were the rest of the night...we both finished our books that night haha but loved a cozy night after the whirlwind of Monday...

WEDNESDAY
Another morning...another cozy time in the Word with tea and slippers and our autumn blanket...
Jane was up shortly after...
And she played...
And we took a little neighborhood walk...
Before we met Daddy for an appointment in town...I snapped this when we were walking in the door that afternoon...
Jane and I played a little and napped while Pierce finished up his work...and then we switched places while I tutored that afternoon...
That night, we snuggled up to watch the premiere of two fun favorite shows...Survivor and Amazing Race...
Pierce had whipped up a BBQ Chicken pizza for us that night...which is a favorite for us around here. 
And even Jane cozied up with us for a bit before....
She was fast asleep and this is pretty much how we ended that Wednesday...haha 

THURSDAY
Thursday I honestly don't have too many pictures, but the day started out cozied up with my tea and the Word...
Then, later that morning, I met a sweet group of moms for a walk, and we loved getting to see two our best friends😍 
Pierce came home for lunch that afternoon and we had a few acai bowls for a quick lunch with things we had on hand... 
Jane got a good nap in and then we met another sweet friend I used to teach with for a walk over by Pierce's work...when I was driving in to the park, it truly looked like fall 😍
We loved this little park and all the time we had outside that day!! And so thankful for sweet friends to walk with!
...and Thursday nights are usually our date nights, but we didn't have anyone to watch Jane that night, so she came along with us...πŸ˜‚ She's come to know and love this little favorite Sushi place of ours... 
She had a great date night and loved coming along I think haha 
I didn't even have time to change since I met Pierce straight from our walk, so this date night looked a little different, but it was fun and sweet nevertheless! 
And after Jane was asleep, we ended with our favorites...tea and reading in bed ❤️ ...like I said, not really anything special hahaha 

FRIDAY
Friday morning, we were up and at'em early and took Jane to our 5:30am workout with us... 
We loved being back with our people and getting a good workout in to to start the last day of the week...
Pierce had a service project with his work that day, so he went into work a little later...Jane was sleeping when we got home, and I took a little nap on the couch and woke up to two omelettes before Pierce left for work...Goodness, I really am so thankful for him...
Jane and I cozied up for a bit after Pierce left and before we went to meet him for lunch...
Then she got a good nap in, and greeted Autumn in her onesie that day πŸ˜‰ 
I had gotten ready while she napped, and we sat outside for a bit before it was time to go...
This little girl could stare at the trees, leaves, and shadows for hours...do we have an artist on our hands?! Hahaha    
Packed us up, and with baby in tow, we headed to meet Pierce and his crew downtown for lunch across from where they volunteered that morning. 
Jane's hippy bow in this picture πŸ˜‚ She was very unsure most of the time, but someone snapped this and it made me laugh...the good ole days hahaha
Love these three πŸ˜‚πŸ₯°
It wore her out, and this is how we found her when we got home...hand on her elephant and all...so sweet hahaha 
I didn't take any other pictures that afternoon, and I honestly couldn't remember much of what we did (I'm sure it was lowkey), but this is how we ended our Friday night...cozied up with a sleeping baby, tennis shoes and sandals kicked off, and snuggled up with our books...not sure if life gets much better. 
We loved falling into this bed after a full week on our hands...our season of life looks a lot different these days than it has in the past, but we are loving the days and soaking up where the Lord has us right now...

Thanks for following along in just an ordinary week in the lives of the Riddicks... I hope you guys have a great Monday!! 

And I'll see you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings,
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. Ahh what a fun and clever idea! Love, loved this post (no surprise there!) I want to be part of the Riddick family as you go about your lives throughout the week, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!