Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Life Lately 9.7.22

Happy Wednesday!! Today I thought it would be fun to do a little Life Lately, which could also be called "Riddicks on Rainy Days." 😂 It's been pretty gray around here, so our life has looked like a lot of baby snuggles, reading, tea, and a little US Open mixed with some house projects...sounds like the life right hahaha 

Tomorrow is the 100th POST for the Riddick Family Blog, so I thought it would be fun to do a little Q&A to celebrate all the fun and blessings that this little page has held. I have a few questions you guys have asked, but if there is anything that comes to mind, feel free to leave it in the comments or email me at theriddickfamilyblog@gmail.com, and I'll try to get to it tomorrow!!! 

Without further-ado, here is a little look at our life lately... 
This sweet little one has been a little extra cozied up these past few days...we think it might be her little teeth coming in...but we are just soaking in the few extra snuggles and playing Dave Barnes' "We're Gonna Miss These Days" on repeat in our heads in the middle of the night 😉
Last week, Pierce worked from home one morning, and we thought we'd try a throwback to our dating years and head to a coffee shop that morning to "work" for a little while... 
Love this guy, and it was sweet being working next to him for a bit...
We hung out here for a little while while Jane napped....
It felt pretty dreamy...
Until this little one woke up, and we were reminded that life, and especially coffee shop life, is very different with a five month old hahaha we had a good time though nevertheless...even if it was much shorter than the good old days 😉☺️
This is what our life has also looked like a lot recently...Jane in a stroller, us at Lowe's, and Pierce grabbing paint and supplies hahaha It would be an understatement to say we've hit a roadblock or two in this DIY "Popcorn Ceiling Removal..." But it's been fun, and I really do think we are close to the homestretch. 
We've been trying to get back to our workouts... and we thought a Friday morning would be a good place to start small... 
It was fun for the little babies to meet ☺️
Our trainer had a little girl in February...who wanted to be Jane's friend, but as you can tell....Jane was unsure hahaha 
There's honestly not many feelings better than leaving a workout at 6:30 knowing you have your whole day and morning....
Talk about the good old days....it really took us back! A small return to a four year routine we had going!
Tutoring has also picked back up, and one afternoon Pierce had a meeting that he had to stay late for...so little Jane hung and played while I Zoomed for my session....
She of course wanted to see what was going on 😉
 
A cute little math helper for the day 🥰
And this is really what a lot of our nights and rainy afternoons have looked like....
Cozied up with some books and hot tea and Jane sleeping away on me while we read... 
Rainy days also make it possible for some sweet quiet mornings and time the Word. 
And baths before bed with two very tired parents 😂
I sat down the other day and smiled because I know this is only the beginning to having baby things everywhere during the day...this has become the "hub" the last week or two while the living room has been in disarray, so a lot of life has been lived in this sweet little room recently...
Speaking of babies...found a little nugget while I was making our bed one morning 😉😂 
We're always up for a quick Starbucks run on a Saturday! 
And sweet Jane is learning how to sit up and play, which is the most fun to watch... 
Soaking in these rainy mornings and trying to frame these sweet moments...
Because I know this season is fleeting... But being a mama to this little one is just the best, and it feels really sweet to feel like I'm living exactly where the Lord has me right now. ❤️ I know all seasons are different with different ups and downs, but we are really trying to make the most of this one He has us in now...

And that about wraps up a little life lately for The Riddicks...nothing all too exciting around here really...just soaking in all the moments in-between... 

I hope you guys have a great Wednesday! And if you have any questions, about us, life, babies, etc, feel free to leave them in the comments or email them for tomorrow's 100th post!!! 

Thanks for reading and following along!! I am so grateful!!
❤️Tab

6 comments:

  1. I have a question! What’s your favorite post of the past 100 you’ve written?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have missed a post but how did Pierce propose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yes!! I posted the main story, but I'll do a post on that soon for sure!! Thanks for asking, Kerry!! ☺️

      Delete
  3. I think we have the exact same white mirror hanging over our couch too! Of course!! Haha! That pic of your daughter in your bed...oh my goodness!! Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha why am I not surprised?! I love that!!! I'm sure there are so many more things 😍😂 And thank you!!! 😉💕

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!