Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Go-To Coffee Shop Orders

Happy Tuesday!! Well, today's post is slightly trivial 😂, but I love to get ideas from others so I thought with fall on our heels, it'd be fun to share some of our favorite Coffee Shop orders...along with some of our favorite coffee shops too! 
As I was going through some of my pictures for a few coffee shop ones, I realized that coffee and tea must be a huge part of our life because WOW we have a lot of pictures in a lot of random places enjoying our coffee and tea...
...from Nashville to Mexico and everything in between...so, hope you grab your own coffee or tea this morning and that this post may inspire you to try something new or at least cozy up with your own cup during this fall and winter season ☕️

This one was taken by our sweet photography friend Brittany who just happened to spend a day with us in Franklin and snapped it as we were enjoying some iced coffee...circa August 2018 haha 

But I'll start with some of Pierce's favorites, since he's the actual coffee connoisseur in our house... 
He has the whole gamut set up in our house, so when we're not at a coffee shop, he can break out his French Press, Chemex, scale and grinder to make some pretty amazing coffee...  But if we're at a coffee shop...
His #1 go-to is almost always cold brew with cream and simple syrup, especially if it's warm outside. Sometimes, he'll put vanilla in it, and that's usually when I'll take a sip or two 😉 
This was a sweet coffee shop in Boca Raton called The Seed...Pierce's brother and sister-in-law used to live down there, and we loved getting to see some of their favorites! 
If it's a hot drink, his go-to is usually a latte with cream and sugar...why is this making his life seem so simple?! 😂 
This little Edgehill Cafe used to be a favorite in Nashville, in fact, one day in 2017, they randomly came outside and asked if they could take a picture and put it on their instagram HAHA soo funny... But unfortunately, it recently closed down, which we were so bummed about... 
But a coffee shop that's still up and running and definitely a favorite around here is Frothy Monkey... We started going here every beginning of January to make our goals/dreams/prayers for the New Year, and it's since become a tradition for us... 
This is a fun little place to visit and they have great coffee, beans, and for me, I just love their London Fog Latte. Which before Jane, was seriously my go-to. It's earl grey steeped then almond or regular milk added, which usually a little liquid honey or vanilla...so yummy!!
We still love going there even now...and with Jane 😉🥰 
Another favorite in Nashville is Portland Brew. When we were dating, Pierce and I used to meet here in the mornings after our workout and do a lot of wedding planning/reading/working/etc...a fun one for sure!!
As for Starbucks...we used to go after our workouts and Pierce would get a Pike Place Roast with cream and sugar and I'd grab my London Fog
But around the holidays, we just love their Chestnut Praline Latte......yummmm!! It seriously just tastes like Christmas in a cup....And when I was pregnant with Jane (we took this after our 20-week appointment) I kind of got off caffeine for the most part and grabbed a Steamer or Vanilla Creme every once in a while...which, is basically steamed milk with a flavor if you want 😂 It made me feel like I was drinking something warm and fun...but definitely not the same as the real thing...
As for Jane... 😂 
She was of course loving their Pumpkin Spice Latte 😉 (or trying hard to taste it hahaha)...which we love too, but pretty much for any of their seasonal drinks, we always get a pump or two less of the syrup, which helps not make it too extremely sweet...
Another go-to around here is a simple Chai Tea Latte...especially iced when it's hot outside. It's a crowd favorite, and a go-to when I'm buying a friend a drink too that I don't know their favorites... 
Speaking of favorites, both of these days we were at Sunergos in Louisville, and we just love that little place so much. It's homegrown and they have the best drinks and Pierce loves to get their beans to grind at home. This past time, I've been off caffeine and they made me the best Red Rooibos Au Lait (with a little honey)...Take me back, it was so yummy!!!
Another favorite in Louisville is Heine Brothers'. We went on a Christmas "hometown" date one year, and loved splurging on some lattes that day. 
This little Coffee Cart came to my school every so-often thanks to admissions, and we loved their Chai Latte... It's a fun little gift for the staff and would be such a fun gift to celebrate employees at really any business...a neat little idea for sure. 
Speaking of coffee carts, this little coffee place, Sweet and Coffee, at our resort in Cancun became a favorite for us. They even learned how to make a London Fog for me each morning 😂 
If we're ever just out to breakfast, I like to go classic and just steep one of their Earl Grey teabags and add a little fresh cream and honey...
Other than that, if we're at home, we love to experiment, use fun new mugs, add things like cinnamon to the top, steam the milk with a little frother, etc to make the drinks a tad more festive and fun... 
I sometimes try to have little coffee/tea/hot chocolate set up if I know we have friends/family coming into town... 
My mom taught me this sweet honey trick in a little jar...our favorite honey right now is definitely this raw honey from Canada...and Pierce loves this raw sugar for his coffee...
And if you wanted even more about tea...I wrote a whole post on it last year that you can read here.
And there you have it...for us, we love having a cup in the mornings while we read the Bible and love having a cup to cozy up with in the afternoons, especially on fall and winter days, and even at night as read and settle down for the night...

I hope you found maybe some new orders at your next coffee shop visit, and maybe even some places to go...What are you go-to drink orders?! And where should we make sure we stop too?!

Thanks for following along on this random Tidbits post...
I'll see you back here tomorrow!!!
❤️Tab

7 comments:

  1. The first picture of you and Pierce at the coffee shop is the cutest! I love all things coffee and tea so this post was extra fun. ☺️ I discovered a new favorite coffee drink this summer which is an iced latte with milk and honey. The honey is just the perfect amount of sweetness to balance the espresso. In the colder months I drink a lot of herbal tea in the evenings. Peppermint is my favorite!
    On another note my husband and I are going to NYC next month and I am determined to go somewhere and experience a proper afternoon tea. I’ve never done that but it sounds fun! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t mean to reply anonymous! 😄

      Delete
    2. Aww Erin, thank you!!! Yes!! That sounds amazing!! Milk and honey to me are just the perfect combo, so I bet that latte is amazing ☺️ We also love peppermint tea in the evenings!! Our go-to is always Tazo "Refresh Mint" - it has a blend of different mints and just so perfect before bed!!

      PLEASE let me know how the afternoon tea goes when you go next month!!! That just sounds so delightful, and I hope it's such a sweet afternoon!! 🥰 Thanks again for reading!! So great to know a fellow coffee/tea drinker. :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, I need to up my coffee game! I'm just over here with my iced vanilla latte from everywhere or with my plain Keurig cups with different flavor creamers, hah! You and Pierce are so talented and knowledgeable about so many things! I need to jot some of these flavor ideas down :) (Once again, I'm loving these "little/seemingly unimportant" posts, so interesting!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's hilarious!! I bet your coffee is just as fun and perfect to drink in the mornings!!! And you're so kind! They've been fun to write ☺️ I hope if you try some of the flavors, you love them and they make your day a little more cozy 🥰☕️🍂

      Delete
  3. Love that the Coffee Cart and Sweet and Coffee made an appearance! Those are deep cuts! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha 😂😂😂 Hey, I'm still dreaming about that Sweet and Coffee 😂

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!